i have 804 diamond with music fidlity m6 and i connecting it with usb
    i havent touch anything and it set to 80HZ and 6 db bass booste
    is it okay?
    can it damage my speakers?
    thank you
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

??? Cannot imagine a problem but which "music fidlity m6?" What components are you setting "to 80HZ and 6 db bass booste?"
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

the m6i is integrated music fidlity ,when connecting it to the computer usb i have a somthing like a sound device in windows 7...
      i didnt touch anything and this device set to :
      80HZ 6db bass boost

so im asking if it can be a problem

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

The +6db should hurt the speakers until you really crank it up. My honest feeling and suggestion is if you need the extra bass you should look into a sub and cut the bass boost. Flat on both bass and treble is the way to go once you get your system dialed in properly.

You could also try moving the speakers out from the back wall or maybe even towards it to help increase the bass response. That's the problem (or was) with my room is I was sitting in a null.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by nimrodasas
          the m6i is integrated music fidlity ,when connecting it to the computer usb i have a somthing like a sound device in windows 7...
          If you say so. In fact, MF has put the label M6 on several devices and you did not include the "i" in your original post.

i didnt touch anything and this device set to :
          80HZ 6db bass boost
          Where are you seeing this? AFAIK, there are no crossover or bass controls in the M6i. Do you have a subwoofer?

so im asking if it can be a problem
          So, I am asking what you are talking about.
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Sounds like the op is using computer audio and is running software that is applying equalization. I also wonder if there might be a language barrier at play here also.

It may be that the software uses a mic and has detected bass rolloff, and As a consequence has applied correction.

Getting the best out of your room and system first would minimize the software correction required. If you are concerned I would tone down the correction. The sub idea is another consideration. Personally I prefer good bass over quantity. I have a REL strata 5 but I prefer to keep the 2 channel pure.

In my experience MF gear is not the warmest in presentation either, if that is what you seek.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"