X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tanwn
    • Jul 2004

805 signature phase plug

Bought a used pair recently, can someone tell me the original grey phase plug is made of what material? Plastic?
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

It will be plastic I suspect. Is it removable like the N series or is it fixed like the S series?
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• tanwn
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TomScrut
      It will be plastic I suspect. Is it removable like the N series or is it fixed like the S series?
      it's removable and is exactly the same size and thread as all the 800series plug. If i am not wrong, B&W started using metal plug after the N800 series.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

The S series has a non removable plug built into the driver and I wondered if the sig was the same!
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• tanwn
          • Jul 2004

The S series has a non removable plug built into the driver and I wondered if the sig was the same!
          Yes you are right, the S series 805 has a non removable plug but the N805 and Signature 805 indeed has a removable plug.

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by tanwn
            Yes you are right, the S series 805 has a non removable plug but the N805 and Signature 805 indeed has a removable plug.
            I know the N was plastic (I have a pair of SCM1s and a HTM4S so that's how I know these) but I have no idea about the Signature. Why do you need to know?

Comment

• TomScrut
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Nov 2013

Have you removed the plug? You can see/feel if they are plastic quite easily or have they not got the right plugs?

Comment

• tanwn
                • Jul 2004

I am asking because the used pair of signature 805 i bought the plug was black plastic but those picture i saw on the web were grey. As long as the original is plastic i am fine with it.

Comment

• TomScrut
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Nov 2013

How do you know if the driver is in fact from a signature? I think you need to investigate further.

Comment

• tanwn
                    • Jul 2004

How do you know if the driver is in fact from a signature? I think you need to investigate further.
                    I opened up the speakers. The driver has a sig 805 green sticker and part no. matches the service manual.

Comment

• TomScrut
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Nov 2013

Ah good. Just thought you had best check!

Comment

• Weetabix
                        • Nov 2009

Hi Tanwn,

The Signature 805 had an aluminium phase plug/bullet.

The Ali phase plug/bullet added extra polish to the upper mid-range frequencies together with the copper on the centre pole reduced harmonic distortion.

Just to confirm the drive unit is indeed a signature driver, the trim ring would have been a gloss black painted finish, not matte.

If your phase plug is plastic, it has either been replaced or the entire drive unit could be a differing unit.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"