X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheD
    • Oct 2008

SEAS L18 phase plug

Hi,

I am about to start making some speakers with the SEAS L18 and I was wanting to "jazz" the look of them up a bit.

One way I was thinking of doing that was to repaint the phase plugs, but I am not sure if they are removable or not (without breaking the driver).

Does anyone know?
  • Dave Bullet
    • Jul 2007

I believe Zaph recently commented the Excel drivers might have a removable plug. Looking at my L15's I can't see how you would remove the phase plug. Sorry, not much help am I!

Comment

• TheD
      • Oct 2008

NM, I found this site http://www.servospeaker.com/construc...struction.html that just happens to have the very same driver and they took it's phase plug off.

Comment

• jkrutke
        • Dec 2005

I tapped one out from the back with a small wood dowel without issue. The Excels are bolted from the back but the Prestige series is just press fit plastic.
        Zaph|Audio

Comment

• TheD
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jkrutke
          The Excels are bolted from the back but the Prestige series is just press fit plastic.
          Hmm..
          I hope that it can be put back in without a problem and still have a good fit (without needing to be glued, is it glued in the first place anyway?).

I would also would like to know what you regard as better out of the SR71 or the All Metal (I know.... dumb question, but I would like to know why the All Metal is still listed on your main page when the SR71 is newer and fills the same role).

Thanks.

Comment

• LING GOWA
            • Dec 2007

Thanks.
            Website

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"