X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snommisbor
    • Apr 2009

Keep MK or use my BW 804S

So I just moved into a home and my living room will have a combo home theater TV room. I got an Epson 6030 and will have a 133 inch screen. My question is my last home had a dedicated home theater with the MK 150S speakers (original ones not new ones). And downstairs for listening to music I had BW 804S. Now I have them all in the same room and wondering if getting rid of the MKs would be a good idea. The house was wired with ceiling speakers so I am not even using the MK surround speakers. Will probably add BW in ceiling speakers. No matter what I would keep the MK MX250 sub. So would the 804S perform as good as the MKs strictly for movies not music or should I just keep both. If I did get rid of them I would get the BW center channel although it would be a Diamond and would be piano black instead of the ash black my 804S are or if I can get lucky find a HTM3S in Ash Black used. Although I am sure this forum is a little biased just trying to hear some opinions.

PS I did run both of them with a movie Dark Knight Chase Scene and it seemed the MK's were tighter where the BW sounded more full, although my Pioneer Elite receiver was set up with the MK's and small speaker configurations, not sure if this would make a big difference but it was all I have done. Im just thinking the BW's might give me more of a punch than the MK's but still I love the MK's for Home Theater, but it would sure clean up the room some getting rid of a set of speakers, but I could live with it if I did keep both.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It's a tough call. I've heard both. Like you, I could live with either. But the real question for me would be, what do I want as an end result?
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• snommisbor
      • Apr 2009

Decided to go all B&W, found a HTM3S in Ash Black on eBay and the guy was only 120 miles away, figured it was fate. Man that speaker is big compared to the MK 150S Center Channel. Ended up getting a McIntosh MC8207 and MX121 to run the speakers, so I will be selling all of my other gear to help fund the rig. Have a Oppo 103D and a Music Hall Turntable MMF 2.2. All I will need to get are some in ceiling surrounds, right now some Yamahas are in there but plan on going with BW to match the 804S.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Nice! Congrats on fate working in your direction.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Yes, this system in coming together nicely.
          Of course, I especially like to see the vinyl rig included in the list.

Interesting, I think, how our systems evolve & change over time.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"