which is better choice MT60D package or CM8 front , CM CENTER AND CM5 BACK?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

which is better choice MT60D package or CM8 front , CM CENTER AND CM5 BACK?

i had 804di, because using it for movies only I want to have a step down,
    which would be a better choice?

thanks
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by nimrodasas
    i had 804di, because using it for movies only I want to have a step down,
    which would be a better choice?

thanks
    I've never heard the M1's with the matching sub. I did own a full set of M1's before, and had them matched with a Velodyne sub. Fantastic little speakers. However, I think the CM set would be miles ahead of the MT60D package. When I had the M1's, I also had a full 805 series set, and a pair of B&W 601 S3's. I had compared the M1, 601, and 805. Though the M1's were very impressive for their size, they were not better than the 601. The CM is a line above the 600 series, so I would safely assume that the CM package would sound much better compared to the MT60D. Then again, the MT60D is a very clean, simple, and elegant package.

I currently have a pair of 804S. I did go from a full 5.1 to 2.0 setup. When I move, I do want a 5.1 setup again, but I don't think I would give up a pair of 804's for the MT60D package. I thought about either buying the matching center and having in-walls for the rears, or adding a MT60D to use with movies, and keep the 804's for music. Hope this helps.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

I would think about getting CM9 instead of CM8 but CM1 instead of CM5. The CM5 is a bit overkill for surrounds IMO. Are you also going to be using a sub?
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• nimrodasas
        • May 2011

Originally posted by TomScrut
        I would think about getting CM9 instead of CM8 but CM1 instead of CM5. The CM5 is a bit overkill for surrounds IMO. Are you also going to be using a sub?
        i thinking about PV1D
        I don't want to waste so much money , I will rephrase the question
        what would be better
        CM1 front and back, and CM CENTER for center and PV1D (maybe a can stretch myself for cm8 front)
        or the MT60D package .
        don't forget I had 804di front and HTM4D .. it was too much for movies if music is not so important.

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

I would think about at least CM5 for fronts, but the CM series should still sound better than the MT 60
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Audio_ElF
            • Oct 2007

How about a mix ...
            CM5 (£800) or CM8 (£1250) front with CMC (£450); then use M1 (£300) for rears

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"