X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bw_guy
    • Dec 2013

New B&W PM3 - Leak Photo!

Hi guys,

You know me, but I have new registration just for this posting.

Check out the leak picture of new series PM speaker.

Model: PM3
    Release: February 2014
    Attached Files
  • alebonau
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

ahem...

if indeed true...that could be something very interesting !

looks rather handsome if I might say so

would sell like hot cakes !
    "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bw_guy
      Hi guys,

You know me, but I have new registration just for this posting.

Check out the leak picture of new series PM speaker.

Model: PM3
      Release: February 2014
      :roll: Looks like Photoshop so I not believe that is true.
      Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Now why would you say that. Photoshop ? Only a complete dill would do something like that ops:

Ok, yes I did do it once, but the thread title "805DD", I mean come on, it's a joke name isn't it. I just forgot that audiophiles don't have a sense of humour about the hobby. Don't believe me, just go to a GTG.

Just for fun, this is photoshop, ok, just for comparisons sake............actually .....it does look kind of the same doesn't it?
        Attached Files
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

It does look a bit suspect. They don't make any 3 way standmounts at the moment and surely if they were going to they would make a bigger 805 first. Wait a minute that's what an 804 is....

Having said that if I was going to do a photoshop a pm floorstander might be more believable
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

If you are going to do a three way stand mount you have to do it properly :W
            Attached Files
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• leo2498
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Briz vegas
              Now why would you say that. Photoshop ? Only a complete dill would do something like that ops:

Ok, yes I did do it once, but the thread title "805DD", I mean come on, it's a joke name isn't it. I just forgot that audiophiles don't have a sense of humour about the hobby. Don't believe me, just go to a GTG.

Just for fun, this is photoshop, ok, just for comparisons sake............actually .....it does look kind of the same doesn't it?

there are two inconsistent things in that picture, one it is the bass driver is the old version of rohacell(mushroom), if they will be used a version of driver, I suppose the way to go is with the last one that they have(it have many improvement in bass region) and the other is the Flowport, if this hole is a "showing technology" why they will cut it? I'm not saying that this statement is right but this two things help me to believe that.
              Leo,
              Saludos
              My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• sgtjim57
                • Dec 2008

Does that not resemble a diamond tweeter that the PM1 does not have?
                Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
                SVS SB 2000 X 2
                Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
                Oppo BDP 93
                Apple TV 4K
                B & W N804 Mains
                B & W 603 Rear surrounds
                B & W LCR 600 Center
                B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
                Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• lastexit
                  • Feb 2011

Has there been any real discussion on B&W's part of introducing a larger PM1 speaker or even a floorstanding model to the line? I know the reviews of the PM1 have been spectacular and always wondered how a floorstanding model would fare. Or did the CM10 pretty much take that spot?

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by leo2498
                    there are two inconsistent things in that picture, one it is the bass driver is the old version of rohacell(mushroom), if they will be used a version of driver, I suppose the way to go is with the last one that they have(it have many improvement in bass region) and the other is the Flowport, if this hole is a "showing technology" why they will cut it? I'm not saying that this statement is right but this two things help me to believe that.
                    Yes I thought the bass driver looks very N804
                    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Pio
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by leo2498
                      :roll: Looks like Photoshop so I not believe that is true.
                      +1

doesn't look right.
                      Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• alebonau
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Oct 2005

whether a photo shop or not, a larger model in the pm1 range would be a very good thing I would think. ala the cdm nt series they had why shouldn't they re release a product line similar
                        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• TomScrut
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Nov 2013

I am surprised they didn't do a pm floorstander instead of the CM10. Would look a lot nicer!

Comment

• Briz vegas
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Maybe the point would be the smaller form factor. Floor standing might not make sense in today's market. If you can get similar performance from a more petite box then why not. I still think it looks clunky, like a hatchback with a boot grafted on. My 805DD looks better, and the Vivids are better still.

Comment

• Briz vegas
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

...........maybe the problem visually is the bass driver is smaller than the midrange. You could swap the two, but I guess you want the mid next to the high for integration. Also, B&Ws FST, shouldn't they go for a more consistent driver compliment instead of different tech for each. I think they are too conservative with their design ideas. Everything has to be a family design.

Comment

• emig5m
                                • Aug 2008

I'm not going to point out all the hints that I see that makes it a fake photoshop, but I would think they would never cover part of the flow port regardless.

Comment

• linuxtx
                                  • Apr 2007

I think I would rather see the PM line expand with a larger 2 way stand mount with a 6.5" driver in the low end. Basically an 805s replacement

Comment

• emig5m
                                    • Aug 2008

Well the FST mid does give noticeably better midrange openness. I think it would be cool to have a 3-way bookshelf with the FST mid even it was a slightly smaller version of the driver....

Comment

• TomScrut
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by emig5m
                                      Well the FST mid does give noticeably better midrange openness. I think it would be cool to have a 3-way bookshelf with the FST mid even it was a slightly smaller version of the driver....
                                      Buy 2 CMC2s or HTM61s and sit them on their side? 8) Or they would look pretty cool on stands the right way up, although any of them would do in this respect!

Comment

• TomScrut
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Nov 2013

Or, as an even less useful post, a pair of these at £6K!

CT8.4 LCRS

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢
                                        😎
                                        😞
                                        😡
                                        👍
                                        👎
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"