New BMW Custom Install ci800 Series (CWM8.3, CWM 8.5, CCM 8.5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

New BMW Custom Install ci800 Series (CWM8.3, CWM 8.5, CCM 8.5)

Surprised this new custom install line hasn't been mentioned here yet.

What intrigues me is that B&W mentions these speakers go well with the 800 Series diamonds, and are probably suitable rear matching speakers. Considering the bass drivers are Rohacel, the tweeters implement the new carbon brace (similar to the PM1) which has a higher breakup frequency closer to the Diamond tweeters.

I'm currently building a new dedicated theatre and although I would prefer to put 804D's as rears, I simply do not have the width in the room for them. So this leads me to the CWM8.3 speaker. A three way with FST. Quite expensive though at $3000 ea with back enclosure!!!!

Anyone have experience with any of these speakers, particular interested on how well they blend with 800 series diamonds.
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Hi I have listen to the small one CWM8.5 and I was not impressed, It had an overall fine balance but it was too much in your face and hyped compared to the 800 series (805).
    But I would love to hear the CWM8.3, And if they(B&W) just would do an boxed onwall version of it,Wow that would be an amazing speaker to own.

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mikael
      Hi I have listen to the small one CWM8.5 and I was not impressed, It had an overall fine balance but it was too much in your face and hyped compared to the 800 series (805).
      But I would love to hear the CWM8.3, And if they(B&W) just would do an boxed onwall version of it,Wow that would be an amazing speaker to own.
      My dealer mentioned his clients that did installs of the CWM8.5's were very pleased. But who knows what they compared those speakers too.

They do have the boxed on wall versions, check out the CT800 series.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"