X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

Wow 805S really hard to find used!

Plenty of 805N but I never see any S models... Are people just holding onto the S models with the major price increase in the new diamonds?
  • Antioch
    • Feb 2013

There is a pair for sale on Audiogon in Black, $3,000.

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by emig5m
      Plenty of 805N but I never see any S models... Are people just holding onto the S models with the major price increase in the new diamonds?
      That's because we love 'em so much we won't part with them. And yes, the big step to the latest model makes a difference...the increase in price is not worth it to me.
      Brad

Comment

• sgtjim57
        • Dec 2008

B&W Bowers & Wilkins 805S Full-Range for sale. For sale by original owner. A beautiful pair of Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) 805S speakers in flaw...

Buy it now, $2500.
        Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
        SVS SB 2000 X 2
        Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
        Oppo BDP 93
        Apple TV 4K
        B & W N804 Mains
        B & W 603 Rear surrounds
        B & W LCR 600 Center
        B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
        Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• weijst
          • Jun 2004

Actually they are sold remarkably often lately in the Netherlands. Average price per pair approx €1350.
          Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• emig5m
            • Aug 2008

Hmmm kinda hard to justify $2500 for a pair of used 805S when for $400 more you can grab a pair of 804S: http://app.audiogon.com/listings/ful...speakers-22046

I never could find the black ones and I'm definitely not doing cherry. I really want rosenut but I can do black. I'm also definitely a little leary sending over 2k to someone halfway across the continent with zero feedback although I've sold some items on Audiogon and nobody ever took the time to provide feedback for me, heh. Hope to find something local and definitely not paying $2500 for them, lol. I always like to look at and demo in person before forking over the cash when spending big money for a used item. And Audiogon's search is weird sometimes. I can type in B&W 805S and not get any hits when there's a pair posted. I just hate sifting through a bunch of speakers when I'm looking for a specific model...

Comment

• Dmantis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jun 2004

I can see owners never selling them.

Comment

• TimbaLand
                • Aug 2013

I bought 805 Diamonds dead cheap with the intention of selling them at a profit but I fell in love with them so much I couldn't sell them anymore. I agree with above that owners of theses speakers don't sell them making them very scarce in the second hand market

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"