X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmilSA
    • Feb 2012

B&W DB-1 vs. Velodyne DD-15 subwoofer

Hi all, I need some guidance here in terms of getting a B&W DB-1 sub or a Velodyne DD-15.

This is to pair with a all-800 series B&W system with 800D's as mains.

Please give me your input on this one. I value my stereo sound quality highly, but also need abit more oomph in the home theatre.

Is there perhaps a head-to-head review on the Web somewhere?

Thanks!
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I just tried B&W DB1 sub or a Velodyne DD-15 and it comes up with buckets of information.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Edgeyboy
      • Nov 2006

I have owned both. I would say if you have an all 800 series system, then the DB1 would be a better choice due to it's custom presets to use with current 800 series models.
      Possibly the DD15+ might give you a bit more for home cinema use, but the DB1 is probably the better all round choice when used in an 800 series system.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

I have not heard the DB1 yet but I have Installed many DD-15's. You really can't go wrong with the DD-15. it's a monster of a sub with plenty of sheer force and brutal tone. But whats shocking about this woofer is it's delicate musical abilities. It tends to blend in very well with an array of different speakers which is impressive.
        The DB1 looks very impressive and in history B&W doesn't fall short in the sub category . In my older findings with Velodyne vs B&W subs IMO it's more of a personal choice then which one is actually better. One could argue that the Dollar for Dollar Velodyne subs are better all around performers and equalling B&W for music. Bt without hearing the DB1 , I can't say that hear.

I suggest trying to find the DB1 somewhere and see if it's what your looking for. If not the DD-15 is a safe purchase.

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

EmilSA, I wish that I could give specific info regarding your required comparison selection ... but I can't. Apologies. What I can offer is that if you are in Cape Town (or plan to be here at any stage soon), you are very welcome to pop in and listen to my DD-15 (not DD-15+) which mates very well with my 3 x 802D front-end (imho, of course).

Comment

• SoundEngine355
            • Feb 2008

What did you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            SoundEngine355

-------------------
            [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"