X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Elation
    • Apr 2012

Hole in cone????

So I'm very new to home theater. I'm 27 and just started purchasing my first components. I purchased a pair of CM1's to put up front. Well long story short, I was examining my speakers today and noticed a hole in one of the cones! Not sure what happened, in fact I'm a little baffled. My question is: Do I take the speakers back to the dealer as they are under warranty or do I attempt to fix them myself? I build stuff for a living so the actual job isn't intimidating. Voiding my warranty is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • dukester
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dark Elation
    So I'm very new to home theater. I'm 27 and just started purchasing my first components. I purchased a pair of CM1's to put up front. Well long story short, I was examining my speakers today and noticed a hole in one of the cones! Not sure what happened, in fact I'm a little baffled. My question is: Do I take the speakers back to the dealer as they are under warranty or do I attempt to fix them myself? I build stuff for a living so the actual job isn't intimidating. Voiding my warranty is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I would definitely bring back to dealer...b&w parts aren't cheap.
    McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Dark Elation,

First of all, welcome to the forum! :T

Sorry to hear about the cone. dukester is correct. Contact your dealer, and let them and B&W take care of this.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Dark Elation
        • Apr 2012

Thanks Duke and Steve! Glad to be here! I have contacted the dealer and they told me to bring the speaker in so that they can get it repaired. Thanks again for your help guys!

Comment

• Dark Elation
          • Apr 2012

Speaker is on it's way back to B & W and dealer told me they would be replacing the whole subwoofer! Side note; I found out how this happened. My wife's cousins had come over last week and I think you guys can figure out the rest.

Comment

• gene9p
            • Mar 2012

keep the grilles on when company arrives..LOL! :B

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by gene9p
              keep the grilles on when company arrives..LOL! :B
              Keep the grills on all the time for god's sake. :W
              Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"