I just read about the 685's.. but I just bought a 602 s3 should I exchange??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

I just read about the 685's.. but I just bought a 602 s3 should I exchange??

I just read that the 685's just won an award or something and it has a new technology that the 800 series had?!? and its the same price as the 602 s3!! after reading that I feel like such a sucker!! Its only been 1 day maybe I can exchange it for those tomarrow... but then I did read something about the new speakers made in china as to the 602's made in england...

also why would the 602 s3's be so much heavier?? worse technology? or..? what should I do? Personally I love the sound on the 602 s3's but I have not heard the 685 personally...
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the 685 and the 602. The differences lie in the choice of crossover topology and in the woofer size.

Why don't you buy the 685's as well and keep both pairs for a week to try out. Keep the pair that you like better, who cares about the awards pick the one that sounds best to your ears.

Most B&W dealers I've dealt with are pretty good about letting you return equipment you don't like (some will even give you a pair of speakers on loan to try at home)

Comment

• akhter
      • Jun 2005

unless you got a great deal (>25%) i would exchange.

Comment

• Maverick71
        • Nov 2006

I second that. I find the new 600 series to be much better that the old ones.

Mav

Comment

• jack667
          • Jul 2007

100% exchange - new 600 series blows away the old!
          B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• jjahshik32
            • Sep 2007

cool.. I think i'll take you guys advice and get the new 685 =D It didnt get an award for nothing..

Comment

• jack667
              • Jul 2007

also, subjective, but in reality - the finish is FAR superior to that of the S3 600 series (in my opinion anyway) - I think you really need to see it in real life to appreciate it.
              B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                • Sep 2007

One question is the new technology on the 685 similar to used in the older 800 series??

Comment

• RebelMan
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                  One question is the new technology on the 685 similar to used in the older 800 series??
                  No, it is similar to the new 800 Series.
                  "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• jjahshik32
                    • Sep 2007

wow really?? to the new 800 series.. I want the 685 after I heard that.. either way i'm going to the store tomarrow to listen to both before exchanging.. but the 602 s3 sounds damn good...just cant wait to get my rotel amp...

man but if the 685 have similar 800 technology.. it should sound much better and bad ass!!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"