X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confusedxx
    • Aug 2011

Good speaker combo and what to drive it with

Hello guys,

I just an offer for a home theather speaker setup in a new apartment that is being built. The room is 60m2 and open plan. Meaning in the 60m2 is the living, dining and kitchen.

So the speakers are:

Front L/R: B&W 802d
    Center: B&W LCR 7 ( in wall)
    Rears: B&W CCM 7.5. ( in ceiling)

What would you change in the speaker selection, if anything?

I was thinging I would get the emotiva XPA-2 amp to drive the front 802d speakers. For the center and rear, I guess I also need something with power due to room size and the impedance / sensitivity of the speakers.

I was thinking maybe the marantz-av7005-surround-processor-and-mm7055-amplifier combo. But I figure I must have audessy 32 on the setup to help with the room dynamics. So can you maybe recommend another processor + amp or another great avr that would pair with the setup?

Thanks!!
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

If you will use and XPA-2 on the fronts, why not and XPA-3 for the other channels?
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Confusedxx
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by stuofsci02
      If you will use and XPA-2 on the fronts, why not and XPA-3 for the other channels?
      Hello Stuofsci02,

I thought about the XPA-3 for the center and surround speakers, but I was not sure it would really be needed or beneficial. Although the surrounds and centers are rather inefficient and need power to drive them, I hoped that a good AVR could deliver sufficient power :P

I have started to look at the Denon 4311ci for both the features and the 140 wpc that it delivers. Do you guys think that the Denon would provide sufficient power to drive the center and surrounds?

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Confusedxx
        Hello Stuofsci02,

I thought about the XPA-3 for the center and surround speakers, but I was not sure it would really be needed or beneficial. Although the surrounds and centers are rather inefficient and need power to drive them, I hoped that a good AVR could deliver sufficient power :P

I have started to look at the Denon 4311ci for both the features and the 140 wpc that it delivers. Do you guys think that the Denon would provide sufficient power to drive the center and surrounds?
        Yes I think so. But try it out.

No, it will not be as good as having a couple of dedicated monoblocks..
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

If you enjoy music and you sometimes like to turn up it up loud, and your budget can stretch a bit, and you have the space in your rack, then I think you should consider a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks to drive your 802Ds.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"