X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miami'svice
    • Aug 2011

my 80's nostalgia setup

Hello All,

Thought i'd share my new vintage setup i got going. I bought a yamaha rx-300 receiver, a yamaha kx-500 cassette deck, and a yamaha av-35 amp. All three of which where made in the mid-eighties. ( i prefer yamaha electronics.)

They were all mint or near mint condition... I then had to choose between a pair of b&w DM 2000 speakers bought in 1985 or a pair of yamaha NS-590 speakers, i went with the DM 2000's. They almost 2k in 1985 I picked them up for about $300 lightly used.

My cassettes sound amazing thru the b&w's. I also heard that Mr. Bowers prior to his death was hands on involved in the making of his speakers. Anyway, what do you all think of my set-up?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Sounds like a nice setup. Post some pics!

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

sounds cool needs pics. Oh by the way love the user name huge Vice fan myself!
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

miami'svice,

First of all, welcome to the forum! :T

Your 80's system sounds retro cool. I'm with the others, post some pictures.

Comment

• miami'svice
          • Aug 2011

Thanks guys, I am working on it. should have some pics by the end of next week. Also, I am going to post a video on youtube with the dm 2000's jamming. This way we can all hear those bad boys as well... when I was putting together the pieces I thought what would Gray and Wyatt listen to in weird science in the big old house? and I came up with yamaha electronics and $1800 B&w speakers. Stay tuned

Comment

• miami'svice
            • Aug 2011

yes yes... Miami Vice is sacred. I am open about my man crush on Sonny Crockett... Think ill throw on my members only jacket for the youtube video

Comment

• ShadowZA
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum, miami'svice. Fantastic setup you have! :T

Can't wait to see some pics and/or your video of your DM 2000's.
              In the meantime, here's a bit of nostalgia:

Glenn Frey - You Belong To The CityMiami Vice Soundtrack.Reedited.HD.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"