Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

stereo ht

hallo i have a question please :
    i want to build home theather with few steps
    i would like to know if i can buy 804 diamond with m6i by musical fidlity
    and i would like to know if it will sound good with only 2 speakers
    because i would like to stay with it for a while or maybe to keep it like this if it good enough
    any exprience of peoples who watching movie with only 2 front speakers?
    and is m6i can work without another reciver?
    thanks for replay
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi nimrodasas,

I have watched many movies with only 2 front speakers (plus a subwoofer) and it's an excellent option if you are sitting in the sweet spot or somewhere close to it.

Nigel.

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

and integrated like m6i music fidality can connect to 804 di ?
      with out reciver?

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

A home theatre receiver is a DAC & radio & integrated amp with power sections for 5 or more speakers.

The MF is minus the radio and only has power for 2 speakers. It's part of a growing number of 2 channel amps designed to play from iPod or computer source as they do their own digital to analogue conversion (DAC). They will also allow you to hook up a CD player, DVD player or turntable (for this last one you will also need a phono stage between the turntable and the amp).

The MF will do a good job with the 804. The MF "house sound" is powerful, and with 400 watts at 4 ohm it will have plenty oomph. MF amps will tend to be clean and uncoloured in their sound.

If you like a softer or warmer sound you might like to look at other amps at a similar price/specification level. You do need to hear a few different components at you price level before deciding. Every combination of speakers and amplifier will sound a little different, you need to select for the type of sound that you enjoy most. By this I mean the level of detail in the sound, the amount of base. Some systems do slightly better with different types of musical or vocals.

Enjoy your search.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• nimrodasas
          • May 2011

thanks!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"