X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayz
    • May 2010

Speaker Comparison

Hi,

Just wondering if someone has or has had any of the following speakers and would care to comment on relative merits of each. I do realise not all of them are in the same price bracket but it would still help.

1. Linn Majik 140
    2. B&W N802
    3. Sonus Faber Cremona M
    4. PMC PB1i

I have had the linns before, currently have the B&Ws. I am considering the Sonus Fabers or PMCs as an upgrade because the 802 needs to be played louder than I would like to enjoy it.

Thanks
  • Nuz1
    • Jun 2011

I've had Cremona Ms for about 6 months in my 2 ch system and love them. I wanted to trade up from my 703s and went in to the dealer to listen to the 803Di. I thought the new diamond series were a little thin to my ears and much preferred the sound of the SF for music--even compared to the 802Di. (FYI--It was all running on McIntosh.)

It's all personal preference. The B&Ws are more detailed. I like that for some things. In fact, I've kept my 703s and am in the process of building a home theater with them as mains. I think they really shine for that purpose. But for music, I preferred SF.

As you'll hear many say, you need to go listen for yourself. I did several times before i got out the checkbook.

Comment

• Pedro
      • Jan 2006

Probably it would be related to how hard is to drive these speakers. I think Cremona doesn´t drop below 4ohms, what happened especially with 802D which require a lot of current as it goes down to 1.8ohms :E

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"