X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Calibration

Hi Guys,
    I had Jeff come over to calibrate my system. Well, he found out that my sub (Jl Audio F112) was not working! I had not noticed it but it was not powering on. I changed to the original power cable, swithced the wall out let, nothing. Not even in demo mode. I wonder what could be wrong. Since I bought it from Agon it will not be under warranty. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Ray
  • dukester
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ray5
    Hi Guys,
    I had Jeff come over to calibrate my system. Well, he found out that my sub (Jl Audio F112) was not working! I had not noticed it but it was not powering on. I changed to the original power cable, swithced the wall out let, nothing. Not even in demo mode. I wonder what could be wrong. Since I bought it from Agon it will not be under warranty. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Ray
    Bummer...sorry. Hopefully something simple (ie. fuse)...best to put a call in to JL Audio customer service:
    (954) 443-1100 during normal business hours (Eastern Time)
    McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Thanks. Yeah, he did my ISF great but could not proceed with the audio due to this. I hope it is small issue though the hassle of shipping it to JL will be a pain!

Comment

• ray5
        • Dec 2008

What an outstanding company!

They called me today. Apparently the amplifier was the issue. Fixed and ready to ship. I am the second owner but it was under warranty so they picked the tab including return shipping!!! :T . Despite the fact that the warranty is non-transferrable.
        Amazing customer service and solid company!! The folks are like their product, robust and utterly reliable. I can't thank them enough. Waiting for it to arrive to enjoy it again!
        Ray

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ray5
          They called me today. Apparently the amplifier was the issue. Fixed and ready to ship. I am the second owner but it was under warranty so they picked the tab including return shipping!!! :T . Despite the fact that the warranty is non-transferrable.
          Amazing customer service and solid company!! The folks are like their product, robust and utterly reliable. I can't thank them enough. Waiting for it to arrive to enjoy it again!
          Ray
          Thats great to hear. JL just got a bump in my respect.

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Ray,

I assume once the sub returns, you will have Jeff out to finish the calibration. If so, that would be quite excellent.

Keep us posted.

Comment

• ray5
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by htsteve
              Ray,

I assume once the sub returns, you will have Jeff out to finish the calibration. If so, that would be quite excellent.

Keep us posted.
              Yup, that's the plan. Let's see if he has time though.
              Ray

Comment

• Hallett
                • Jun 2006

Ray can you give me Jeff's info please? i would like to see what he could do
                with my sys. Thanks Bob.
                Classe ssp-600
                Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
                Classe CDP-100
                B&W 802D :T ;x(
                Velodyne DD-18 :T

Comment

• ninja12
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Hallett
                  Ray can you give me Jeff's info please? i would like to see what he could do
                  with my sys. Thanks Bob.
                  Here's the link to his site. http://www.accucalhd.com/ You will be able to find out everything you need and even setup an appointment with him.

Comment

• Hallett
                    • Jun 2006

Thank you . :T
                    Classe ssp-600
                    Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
                    Classe CDP-100
                    B&W 802D :T ;x(
                    Velodyne DD-18 :T

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"