X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omar7631
    • Sep 2009

New amps for my 804s and htm3s

I have the b&W 804s and Htm3s powered by an emotiva xpa-5 , and I was wondering if adding a xpa-1 for just the center channel would improve my home theater experience. Or should I just replace the xpa-5 for an xpa-2 and xpa-1 combo.
    B&W 804s
    B&W htm3s
    B&W dm601 s3
    Outlaw lfm-1 EX x 2
    Denon 2808ci
    Emotiva XPA-5
    Emotiva XPA-2
    Sony PS3
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

I'd rather get the matching 800 series bookshelf speakers for your rears IMO. I think the XPA-5 is competent enough for your kit and anything else is possibly in the over-thinking things stage, especially if you're crossing over to a powered sub. Go 805S for your rears and enjoy! :W

Comment

• Horacio
      • Jan 2005

Omar,

Sorry I'm jumping in late. Have you made up your mind yet?

Just in case, here are my two cents: I'm 100% stereo, so take my words with that point of view. In my experience, sound improved a lot when I moved to a better matching amp with my 804S. I went from Rotel RB1080 to McIntosh MC275. The improvement was all around: better, deeper, fuller bass (yes, from a tube amp!), edgyness in the trebble was gone and became more extended, and the mids are fantastic. Imaging improved A LOT.

At the time I was thinking of upgrading I wasn't sure which component to upgrade first and some suggested amp, so I went out for a listen. I literally couldn't believe how good the 804S were sounding with an all McIntosh setup at a dealer. I compared there Rotel, Mac SS and tubes, Classe. I was certain my speakers could perform better than they were at home.

So, are you better off spending on surround speakers or amplification? I don't know. Do you have a chance to listen to 804S with other amplification?

I hope this helps

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"