• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Another movie mastered on B&W

All,

I ran across this on the score for the new Predator movie. Notice the fine B&W's being used. And the score sounds pretty good.

John Debney: Predators Scoring SessionPredators directed by Nimrod Antal, produced by Robert Rodriguez
  • vlasis
    • May 2007

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeee....thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

How many people watched this with their newly installed MM1s? How about a pair of P5s? From one pair of B&Ws to another.

Eric

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
        • Nov 2009

Nice....

What is a "scoring session"?
        The universe arises from definitionless awareness.

Comment

• BowersMcIntosh
          • May 2010

These 800 sound pretty good on my computer speakers. :B

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BowersMcIntosh
            These 800 sound pretty good on my computer speakers. :B

Same herwe. I have some Boston Acoustic computer speakers right now. But I've got my eye on the B&W PC speakers.

AwArEnEsS,

I believe a scoring sessions is exactly what we saw there. The film's music director works with the musicians to create the film's score or music. This session could have been practice, or actually recording the score.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by htsteve; 05 June 2010, 08:19 Saturday.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
              Same herwe. I have some Boston Acoustic computer speakers right now. But I've got my eye on the B&W PC speakers.

AwArEnEsS,

I believe a scoring sessions is exactly what we saw there. The film's music director works with the musicians to create the film's score or music. This session could have been practice, or actually recording the score.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Hope this helps.
              Thanks for your answer.I was thinking that "score" means "point" but after reading your last post I understood what is meant.I had thought that they were giving a score(points) to the music of the movie

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
                • Nov 2009

If I buy the soundtrack of "Predator" movie, will the music be recorded with B&W 800 like in the video clip on youtube?Or what about "Predator" movie's dvd?
                Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 05 June 2010, 17:21 Saturday.

Comment

• JesperA
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by AwArEnEsS
                  If I buy the soundtrack of "Predator" movie, will the music be recorded with B&W 800 like in the video clip on youtube?Or what about "Predator" movie's dvd?
                  B&W 800-series is as you know, loudspeakers, the microphone will record the sound and that is what you hear on the soundtrack on a CD or in the movie! The 800D as you saw in the youtube clip is used to "prof" the sound, in both live recording and eventually in postproduction!

Basically they use the B&W 800-series to make sure the sound output will be as good as possible, therefore they have to use good speakers, its hard to record music with bad speakers because you really dont know how the sound actually sounds

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
                    I ran across this on the score for the new Predator movie. Notice the fine B&W's being used. And the score sounds pretty good.
                    Looks (maybe) to be Abbey Road. (Hopefully saved for the forseable future).

Comment

• Skyblue
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by JesperA
                      B&W 800-series is as you know, loudspeakers, the microphone will record the sound and that is what you hear on the soundtrack on a CD or in the movie! The 800D as you saw in the youtube clip is used to "prof" the sound, in both live recording and eventually in postproduction!

Basically they use the B&W 800-series to make sure the sound output will be as good as possible, therefore they have to use good speakers, its hard to record music with bad speakers because you really dont know how the sound actually sounds

Obvisously its the microphone thats the important piece of gear here. Which reminds me:

[Jake and Elwood are arguing about the new Bluesmobile]
                      Jake: What is this?
                      Elwood: What? J
                      ake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? [Jake tries to use the car's lighter, but it does not work; he throws it out the window]
                      Jake: The Caddy, where's the Caddy?
                      Elwood: The what?
                      Jake: The Cadillac we used to have! The Bluesmobile!
                      Elwood I traded it.
                      Jake: You traded the Bluesmobile for this?!
                      Elwood: No ... for a microphone.
                      Jake: A microphone? [pause] Okay, I can see that.
                      I guess one has to be an audiophile to see the reason in that
                      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"