X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

B&W site - Society of sound

So what has happened to the "society of sound" on the B&W site. They have been saying early 2007 - surely thats long gone.

Does anyone know what it will be about? Will it be Peter Gabriel waffling about how he likes his whatever B&Ws (not that he uses them in his Real World studios judging by the photo I have seen), or will it be Dave Stewart providing advice about whether his guitar sounds more realistic on a snail or an 800D.

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a fizzer that didn't get off the ground. Naim has its own forum that seems to be going quite well without any obvious interference when someone bags the product or recommends non-naim gear. Maybe B&W should go with something less ambitious along the same lines, although I guess that would potentially take away from this forum. Not a good thing.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

My rep told us the Society of Sound will launch in the summer. It will be a forum of sorts, and yes, people like Peter Gabriel, Dave Stewart, Cassandra Wilson and the like will be members. It sounds like it will be cool when it launches. I'll try to get a date from him on when it will launch for sure.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"