X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • londoner
    • Apr 2009

JRiver settings for CP-800

I've started using JRiver 17 on a laptop connected over USB to my CP-800, and using JRemote on an iPad to control. I really like the interface and configurability, but one of the downsides is it's going to take a bit of work to get the audio settings right.

Is anyone else using JRiver with CP-800 and can you share what settings you've been using?

So far I've arrived at audio output over "WASAPI - Event Style", bitdepth at 24-bit, and everything else matching source (and this shows up during playback as "bit perfect" in the JRiver user interface). Those setting work and the music sounds identical to playing on iPod through front USB, but I'm getting some pops and clicks on B&W Society of Sound 24-bit FLAC files and occasionally also on some 16-bit FLAC CD rips. I'm using standard buffer of 50ms and increasing it to 100ms or 250ms doesn't fix the problem (if I increase to the maximum 500ms buffer then I don't get any sound from CP-800).

Any thoughts?

I could ask this on JRiver or ComputerAudiophile forums but question is really specific to CP-800 and, as that's probably the rarest part of the picture, I thought best to start here.

Thanks to anyone who can share their experience.
  • londoner
    • Apr 2009

Ok for the benefit of anyone finding this thread later, I've solved the problem. Moving to a different USB port of the three on the laptop and everything works perfectly with no pops and clicks at all.

This was the article that put me on the right track
    media players, sound quality, music servers, audio drivers, USB DAC, ripping, streaming

The JRemote app on the iPad is fantastic - strongly recommended.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"