X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arube1
    • Dec 2009

Htm3s

Well placed an order for 803's and htm3s center in black ash over a month ago and was waiting on the dealers new financing program to begin which finally did and was told yesterday he can no longer get me the htm3s in black ash...i had no warning at all that they are not making them anymore...and was shocked with the news since had i known i would have bought it with cash long ago... the 803's came in and now i am without a matching center... Does anyone know if any dealers have any new black ash htm3's left in stock... thanks very much!

Comment

• 1oldguy
      • Dec 2008

HI

Just called my dealer but they have none in stock.Sorry.
      A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Hammie
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by arube1
        Well placed an order for 803's and htm3s center in black ash over a month ago and was waiting on the dealers new financing program to begin which finally did and was told yesterday he can no longer get me the htm3s in black ash...i had no warning at all that they are not making them anymore...and was shocked with the news since had i known i would have bought it with cash long ago... the 803's came in and now i am without a matching center... Does anyone know if any dealers have any new black ash htm3's left in stock... thanks very much!
        Cal Myer-Emco in Gaithersburg, MD. They are currently selling off all of their B&W 800 series in order to get the new ones in stock.

Might be worth a try. If you speak to Sean, the manager, you can tell him that I referred you.
        Panasonic TC-P65VT30
        Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
        Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
        Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
        B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
        Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
        My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
        Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• leej
          • Feb 2009

MODIA Immersive Entertainment - Home Theater Store – 33 years in the making. Home Audio, home automation, media design and hi-fi music systems for home and office space. Family owned and operations in Houston, Dallas, Plano and Southlake.

Modia shows to have one at their Regal Warehouse Store. I talked to someone at their corprate location at 800 877 2900. The direct number to thier warehouse is 713 952 5700. He tried to contact that location to varify that it isn't sold, but got no answer. You can try these numbers. Good luck!
          Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
          B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• Relentless
            • Jul 2007

I was on the fence about getting a HTM1D but now I am working hard on acquiring one before they disappear into history. Only thing that has been keeping me away is that the HTM2D works well in my room even know it is paired up with the 800D's and to up grade to the big boy was going to open another can of worms...... AMP & Cables ,a very expensive add on to just getting the speaker.

B&W has forced me.... ehhhh, Krell did kind of the same thing to me that hurt even more in the pocket.

What are you going to do? be happy with the great equipment you already have......... UNHEARD OF!!
            I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
            Lou

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Relentless
              I was on the fence about getting a HTM1D but now I am working hard on acquiring one before they disappear into history. Only thing that has been keeping me away is that the HTM2D works well in my room even know it is paired up with the 800D's and to up grade to the big boy was going to open another can of worms...... AMP & Cables ,a very expensive add on to just getting the speaker.

B&W has forced me.... ehhhh, Krell did kind of the same thing to me that hurt even more in the pocket.
              HTM1D looks so odd, I prefer using all three same speaker

What are you going to do? be happy with the great equipment you already have......... UNHEARD OF!!

Agreed I always want more :T The only issue is cash and college is not getting any cheaper :cry:
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
                • Mar 2005

I had the HTM2D with the 800Ds... If you can get the HTM1D, and like me can't have third center due to height of screen limitatons, you will hear a huge difference in the upgrade with the HTM1D.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                  • Jul 2008

I had the HTM2D with the 802Ds and then last summer upgraded to the HTM1D. The difference was considerable. Indeed, I now think that the 802Ds deserve nothing less than the HTM1D or another 802D as the center.

Three weeks ago, I replaced the 802Ds with 800Ds and so I am really glad I got the HTM1D as it matches extremely well.

So, I say "Go for it!" if you can find an HTM1D. Best of luck.

Jim

Comment

• Relentless
                    • Jul 2007

I agree that 3 800D's would be the perfect front end but I am not going to a projector any time soon so the height is an issue. My dealer has calls to B & W and a couple other sources he has trying to get me a rosenut HTM1D. I am eagerly awaiting there responses. Figures it is a holiday and I will probably have to sweat it out for a few days.

Now to unload my HTM2D.....
                    Last edited by Relentless; 24 December 2009, 00:23 Thursday.
                    Lou

Comment

• Relentless
                      • Jul 2007

Got one of the few new HTM1D left in existence coming :B
                      Now my focus is on another amp and selling the HTM2D.
                      Lou

Comment

• 1oldguy
                        • Dec 2008

Congrats my friend.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                          • Jul 2008

Got one of the few new HTM1D left in existence coming :B
                          Now my focus is on another amp and selling the HTM2D.

Congratulations! You will really enjoy the HTM1D. It is a definite improvement on the HTM2D and the HTM2D is pretty darn good.

Jim

Comment

• Relentless
                            • Jul 2007

thanks guys... I am looking forward to the new movie watching experience. I am working on trading my 2 EVO 400 mono's for 3 EVO 600's for the front. That ought to kick things up a notch.
                            Lou

Comment

• FALCODEAN
                              • May 2009

HTM1D on audiogon

there is an htm1d on audiogon and while the seller tries to sell it as a package with two 800d he would also sell separately.
                              falcodean

Comment

• FALCODEAN
                                • May 2009

there is a rosenut htm1d on audiogon and though the seller is offering it with two 800d he is also considering splitting.

Comment

• Relentless
                                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by FALCODEAN
                                  there is a rosenut htm1d on audiogon and though the seller is offering it with two 800d he is also considering splitting.
                                  Thanks, that would be a good deal for someone who lives in driving distance.
                                  Lou

Comment

• Ken49r
                                    • Dec 2007

FS-805 Stand

I'm considering adding 805s to the rear channels. I may have to buy used if B&W is out of stock. Anyone know if the FS-805 stand will be used to support the new 805D or is the speaker shape changing that will require a new stand as well?

Not all used Ad's include the stand and then I will need them in black to match the 805's I have in front already.

Comment

• Relentless
                                      • Jul 2007

Reading through the thread there were speculations of a new crossover, maybe new drivers and some new internal bracing.

Anyone know exactly what changes are being done to the new 800D?
                                      Lou

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2007

Not until we get closer to CES. B&W said they would fill us in closer to launch. I would expect something this week since CES starts in a few days.

Eric

Comment

• artv4
                                          • Jun 2007

anyone going to CES? i will be there 7-10
                                          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Ken49r
                                            • Dec 2007

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday. To bad HTGuide does not sell t-shirts or ball caps so we could easily spot fellow members. We could pick a day as "wear your gear day". Black with the blue logo would look good.

Just a thought -It could help to sponsor this site as well.

Comment

• JargonGR
                                              • Feb 2009

Ah it won't be that hard to spot fellow members! Just go to the B&W stand.

Comment

• artv4
                                                • Jun 2007

i will be there!!!!!
                                                GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Skyblue
                                                  • Jun 2009

Pictures

Pictures please
                                                  B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2003

I'm going. feel free to PM me if you want to meet up. I don't plan on going to LVCC until saturday most likely.
                                                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Shyamalan
                                                      • Sep 2006

Does anybody know when the new B&W 800 series will be in the shops?

Comment

• Skyblue
                                                        • Jun 2009

It seems theres a press conference about the new speakers at 10.am jan 7th. Will anyone be there?
                                                        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• emig5m
                                                          • Aug 2008

Damn why don't they have something like this in NYC or Philly?? Vegas is WAY too far for me to go...lol.

Comment

• Hammie
                                                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by emig5m
                                                            Damn why don't they have something like this in NYC or Philly?? Vegas is WAY too far for me to go...lol.
                                                            +1

DC also has a nice new convention center.
                                                            Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                                            Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                                            Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                                            Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                                            B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                                            Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                                            My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                                            Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• pazu
                                                              • Nov 2009

There's a big waiting for new 800 series from Italy too.

:T

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                                                It seems theres a press conference about the new speakers at 10.am jan 7th. Will anyone be there?
                                                                Looking at the DB-1 I can't help but think there is new look in store for the rest of the 800 line. It's interesting B&W chose to make the cabinet squared vs the sloped top or rounded edges.

This is exciting!

I don't see any holes in the cabinet for the dustcover either.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                                                  Certainly!!
                                                                  Kal Rubinson
                                                                  _______________________________
                                                                  "Music in the Round"
                                                                  Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                  http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ken49r
                                                                    Looking at the DB-1 I can't help but think there is new look in store for the rest of the 800 line. It's interesting B&W chose to make the cabinet squared vs the sloped top or rounded edges.

This is exciting!

I don't see any holes in the cabinet for the dustcover either.
                                                                    I much prefer the ASW855 over this incarnation.To each his own.

Comment

• audiofiel10
                                                                      • Nov 2009

Yes, I think this doesn't look as nice by far...no rounded edges but a simple milk carton box...

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2008

Looking at the ring of silver around the Woofer makes this look worse than if if it were all black.It's like B&W were thinking, We need to make it look flashy.Sorry But I prefer Classy any day.This for the 800 series is dismal as far as styling goes.But it may sound wonderful.But for what they are charging for I would think you'd want both no doubt.
                                                                        Flash over substance.If you get that then you need to read my book.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Nov 2009
                                                                          • 1241

Indeed.. I would not put that in my house with my Rosenut 804s
                                                                          Main System:
                                                                          B&W 801D
                                                                          Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                          Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                          Oppo BDP-105
                                                                          Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                          B&W CM7
                                                                          Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                          Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                          Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                          Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2007
                                                                            • 312

I'm wondering why they build curved edge speaker cabinets claiming it's benefits and then introduce a $4,500. sub with squared edges?

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • May 2008
                                                                              • 84

Well, look here you all 8)

Enjoy :T
                                                                              Diamond Room
                                                                              Acoustical treated room with reference 7.3 av system

Comment

• mvdveek
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Mar 2009
                                                                                • 39

Some pictures.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2008
                                                                                  • 459

Originally posted by Ken49r
                                                                                  I'm wondering why they build curved edge speaker cabinets claiming it's benefits and then introduce a $4,500. sub with squared edges?
                                                                                  Agreed.To me the 800 series means curves. :T

Comment

• specialized
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2008
                                                                                    • 332

Originally posted by mvdveek
                                                                                    Any infos about prices? Until now it was rumours? But what about real prices?
                                                                                    Definitly would be more expensive then S series? What else is changed except cosmetic and tweeters?

Cmon , who went to CES?

Darko

Comment

• mvdveek
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2009
                                                                                      • 39

Well at a dutch forum I see these prices

800 Diamond: € 11.000
                                                                                      802 Diamond: € 7.000
                                                                                      803 Diamond: € 4.500
                                                                                      804 Diamond: € 3.500
                                                                                      805 Diamond: € 2.250
                                                                                      HTM2 Diamond: € 4.700
                                                                                      HTM4 Diamond: € 2.350

Dunno if they are right tho

Comment

• specialized
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Apr 2008
                                                                                        • 332

Originally posted by mvdveek
                                                                                        Well at a dutch forum I see these prices

800 Diamond: € 11.000
                                                                                        802 Diamond: € 7.000
                                                                                        803 Diamond: € 4.500
                                                                                        804 Diamond: € 3.500
                                                                                        805 Diamond: € 2.250
                                                                                        HTM2 Diamond: € 4.700
                                                                                        HTM4 Diamond: € 2.350

Dunno if they are right tho
                                                                                        Seem that this si per speaker? So pair of 805D Diamond would be 4500 EUR?

Darko

Comment

• audiofiel10
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Nov 2009
                                                                                          • 35

Hm....looks like the photoshop someone in this forum did a few weeks back...

Maybe B&W took the design from our forum

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2009
                                                                                            • 1241

Does this mean the 801 is gone?
                                                                                            Main System:
                                                                                            B&W 801D
                                                                                            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                                            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                                            Oppo BDP-105
                                                                                            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                                            B&W CM7
                                                                                            Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                                            Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                                            Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                                            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"