X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aweil
    • Feb 2009

Got my CMC2 today

My CMC2 in rosenut came in today, installed on a stand I made 17.25" tall, calibrated the distance in my receiver, crossed it over at 60Hz, and turned the tunes on. I listened to Christina Aguilera on Palladia as well as a couple of movies that were on FIOS, and it seems to blend VERY well with the 703's. I am VERY pleased so far. I'll see if I can't give a more detailed review once I get some more listening time under my belt.

Pic (yeah, dupe from the sticky thread)

• Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Looks Good :T Looking forward to more on how well it has integrated with the 703's when you have it broke in.

Comment

• SoundEngine355
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by aweil
      My CMC2 in rosenut came in today, installed on a stand I made 17.25" tall, calibrated the distance in my receiver, crossed it over at 60Hz, and turned the tunes on. I listened to Christina Aguilera on Palladia as well as a couple of movies that were on FIOS, and it seems to blend VERY well with the 703's. I am VERY pleased so far. I'll see if I can't give a more detailed review once I get some more listening time under my belt.

Pic (yeah, dupe from the sticky thread)

Could you measure the exact height of the unit?
      SoundEngine355

-------------------
      [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• btf1980
        • Aug 2007

CMC2 is looking good. I'll be picking mine up shortly as well.
        A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• leej
          • Feb 2009

I am very interested in how well the CMC2 fits with your 703's. I have 703"s with a CDM cnt and considering a center replacment. I've wondered how well the CMC2 would work, or if I should look at one of the 800 series.
          Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
          B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hallo aweil,
            the color of the new center CM is really the sane from the mains 703 od or "simillar"?

I think the the new CMC2C is better vs. the htn7... or''

Style

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by leej
              I am very interested in how well the CMC2 fits with your 703's. I have 703"s with a CDM cnt and considering a center replacment. I've wondered how well the CMC2 would work, or if I should look at one of the 800 series.
              The 703's have the FST midrange. The CMC2 also has the FST midrange. The first center channel in the 800 range with the FST midrange is the HTM3S. I bring this up since the FST driver is very good and getting a center channel that matches this driver would be ideal.

One thing to consider is that the 703's have 6" FST drivers. The HTM3S also has a 6" FST driver. The CMC2 has a 5" FST driver.

I used to have N804's as mains with the HTM1 as center. The N804's are similar to today's 703's and the HTM1 was the predecessor to the HTM3S.

IMO, the HTM3S will match better with the 703's than the CMC2.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• leej
                • Feb 2009

Thanks.
                I was sort of thinking the same. I was just looking at the lower cost of the CMC2. In fact I've been looking at a used HTM3, but it's still another 700 bucks. I am still using 130 W/ch, and might need a little more to drive the HTM3's. Now, it really starts to get beyond my budget.
                I may have to keep the old CDM cnt's a while longer and wait until I can get the HTM3's.
                That CMC2 is a real beauty.
                Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
                B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• aweil
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by style
                  Hallo aweil,
                  the color of the new center CM is really the sane from the mains 703 od or "simillar"?

I think the the new CMC2C is better vs. the htn7... or''

Style
                  The color is slightly different, then again I bought the 703s used, and the veneers change color as they age and are exposed to sun.

Comment

• aweil
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
                    The 703's have the FST midrange. The CMC2 also has the FST midrange. The first center channel in the 800 range with the FST midrange is the HTM3S. I bring this up since the FST driver is very good and getting a center channel that matches this driver would be ideal.

One thing to consider is that the 703's have 6" FST drivers. The HTM3S also has a 6" FST driver. The CMC2 has a 5" FST driver.

I used to have N804's as mains with the HTM1 as center. The N804's are similar to today's 703's and the HTM1 was the predecessor to the HTM3S.

IMO, the HTM3S will match better with the 703's than the CMC2.

Hope this helps.

x2. The midbass drivers and tweeter are the same size though the tweeter isn't top mounted. The FST is slightly smaller. For sure, the HTM3S I think would be a better match, but when when I looked at the price, I couldn't justify it at all. I also looked for a used nautilus HTM1 but to find one in rosenut was going to take a long time it seemed! lol I'm very pleased with my HT setup so far!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"