X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simsjim
    • Mar 2009

Advice on DM640i

Hello All

I have a faithful pair of DM640i's that have served me well for about 16 years. Well one of them is a little weary, and in need of a replcement woofer (B&W part number zz8915). I am discovering this driver is difficult to come by.

So, does anyone know where to aquire one (or have one for sale)?
    Also, I read on one website that I could retrofit a Dahlquist DQ-8 woofer. What about the Etons? Does anyone know if this is a valid claim? Which I suppose leads me to my next question - can I substitute a woofer of equal or better quality? I see alot of 8" woofers on the Madisound Speaker site, but I am too inexperienced to know what to look for to match the existing (blown) driver.

Finally, aside from an adverse impact on the sound, what would be the consequenses of disconnecting the defective driver and using the speaker anyway (there are two active 8" woofers)? Would this cause havoc on the crossover (in addition to the ears)?

Thanks for reading!

Namaste

Any suggestions would help.
    Last edited by simsjim; 07 March 2009, 20:57 Saturday.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"