Need Help!!! 7 Series Being Discontinued!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abowman02
    • Feb 2009

Need Help!!! 7 Series Being Discontinued!!

Ok, so the 7 series speakers are being discontinued. Here is the problem...We have a pair of 704's for the fronts and an HTM7. We did not get the rears because we were not sure which ones to get. We can get the 705's or DS7's. The other option is to get a pair of 805's.

We know that the 705's will match the system perfectly, but would it be better to get a pair of 805's? We would have to jump of the 705's RIGHT NOW!

Thoughts everyone!

Thanks!
    Angela
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by abowman02
    Ok, so the 7 series speakers are being discontinued. Here is the problem...We have a pair of 704's for the fronts and an HTM7. We did not get the rears because we were not sure which ones to get. We can get the 705's or DS7's. The other option is to get a pair of 805's.

We know that the 705's will match the system perfectly, but would it be better to get a pair of 805's? We would have to jump of the 705's RIGHT NOW!

Thoughts everyone!

Thanks!
    Angela
    Angela,

The 705's would match perfectly. I had a pair of 705's as rears with Nautilus speakers (N804 and HTM1) up front. It worked out very well. The 705 is a excellent rear speaker, lots of detail and suprisingly decent bass.

Having said that, the 805S is a great speaker. If you have a good sub, then 805S's for mains will be better than the 704's for mids and highs.

One issue with this strategy will be a mis-matched front: 805S's and HTM7 center. Ideally, the front three need to be the same line to preserve the integration of the fronts.

I know you said you didn't get any rears from the 700 or 800 series, but what are you using for rears now, if anything.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• dknightd
      • Mar 2006

If you are happy with your front three, I'd look for a matching pair of 705. You might be able to get a good deal now. If you wait, you might still be able to find a pair of 705 used later (but that is more risky). I wouldn't pay extra for the 805 unless you thought you might upgrade the front three at some point.

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

unless you want to open a new can of worms by going with the 805S i.e (changing center, changing rears, getting better electronics, etc.) I would stick with the 7 series and jump on that pair of 705's.

Comment

• abowman02
          • Feb 2009

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Ken49r
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by abowman02

Thoughts everyone!

Thanks!
            Angela
            I agree with scanido.

Stick with the 704/HTM7 you have and add the 705 or DS7 for rears.

That 704 is a great sounding speaker.

I have the DS7's and they do a good job as a rear speaker. They blend nicely with the 704's and even the 805's I have now. I prefer my surrounds above my ears vs stand mounts at ear level. Also by wall mounting them I don't have to have the stand mount 3 ft away from wall's and have more room.

The only downside of the DS7 over the 705, is that the DS7 only comes in black or white, but that's not a major concern since it is away from the front 3 and up on the wall.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"