X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P1et
    • Jan 2006

Wiring the B&W M-1?

So I just scored an M-1 for $89, fantastic condition so I'm happy. I've got some nice speaker wires, how on earth do I hook them up? The screws where to connect the speaker wire looks a bit tiny... Anything I am missing?
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

P1et,

I had the M1's. Nice speaker. if you are using the stand with it, the wires attach to the underside of the stand (remove the bottom cover, you will see). If you use the wall mount, you take the plastic cover off and the markings are visible.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• P1et
      • Jan 2006

Thank you for the reply. I did see the rubber cover you can remote off the "foot" and it houses the Allan wrenches. It just seems that where you connect the speaker wires, that it is a really small hole.

Does that mean that I just cannot really connect up any high quality speaker cables? What was everyone else using?

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

P1et,

I agree that it is a small hole, so no large guage wiring is likely to work. As I recall, I was using basic bulk Audioquest type 2 at the time. It took a bit of effort, but it worked.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I used 18 gauge speaker wire, and later 24 gauge. Honestly, with those speakers the gauge didn't make any difference.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• planitismetal
            • Dec 2008

I have also M1 and it is a little bit hard to find the wright connection... You have to work with the small small alen, that it has a smallest head for the screw that is back of the speaker base... Be carefull with the base because it is very easy to loose contact with the speaker and then you will have to spend an hour to find the wright position!!
            YES I know, my english are horrible!! SORRY!!! ops: ops:

Comment

• P1et
              • Jan 2006

Fantastic feedback, much appreciated gents!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"