X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markov
    • Sep 2007

New CM Series Brochure and Specs

The new brochure for the entire CM series (including CM9, CM5 and CMC2) can be found here: http://www.hangcenter.hu/docs/B&W_CMSzeria.pdf
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I would love to hear the CM9. I'm also thinking about a bookshelf system for my daughter and am wondering if the CM1 or CM5 would be worth the money compared to something like the Mirage OMD-5.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• markov
      • Sep 2007

Can anyone explain to me how the CM7 can have a -6dB frequency range down to 34Hz but a +/- 3dB frequency response only down to 62Hz? In the same range the CM1 is -6dB at 45Hz and -3dB at 55hz. Does this mean that the CM1 plays lower than the CM7 (and CM9 for that case)?

I've been puzzled by this since the specs came out for the CM7 and CM1, but now that same pattern is repeated by the CM5 and CM9.

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

I too can't understand why B&W had to make a bigger floor model with another woofer when it only goes 4 hz lower than the CM7. and thats at +/-6db.And I can't understand the big different in bass output between +/- 3db and +/- 6db. The different is not that big on the other B&W speakers?
        But I am still looking forward to hear the CM 9 at home.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

With a larger enclosure and one more woofer (so more surface area) I'm sure the CM9 will have better dynamics in the bass and more power. The 803S and 803D have the same bass response according to the specs, but that is not the case when you listen to them. The 803D has more powerful bass and it does play deeper in real world listening. Those measurements are usually taken in an anechoic chamber so they not representative of real world listening.

Eric

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Interesting... Anyone heard an expected price on that CM9?

Makes me wonder what (more when) is next for the 800 & 700 series....
            -Joe

Comment

• N2siast
              • Sep 2007

CM-9 $3k a pair.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Just in case you wanted to know the line up is this.

CM1 $1000.00pr

CM5 $1500.00pr

CM7 $2000.00pr

CM9 $3000.00pr

CMC $650.00

CMC2 $1250.00

ASW10CM $1500.00

All prices are US dollars.

Eric

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by joetama
                  Makes me wonder what (more when) is next for the 800 & 700 series....
                  Although nothing official has been said, don't be surprised if the 700 Series goes away early next year. With the additions of the CM5, CM9, the ASW10CM, and the 700 Series being the oldest product in the line its days are numbered.

Not to highjack the thread but if I were B&W, I'd redo the 700 Series to take the place of the 805S, 804S, 803S, HTM4S, and HTM3S. Then I'd focus and shrink the 800 Series line and do only diamond tweeter products. Redo the 800 Series woofers and have a room EQ circuit like JL Audio and Velodyne.

It seems weird to me (and I'm a dealer) that the statement line is the biggest they have. Again that is just me thinking out loud. What do you guys think?

Eric

Comment

• joetama
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                    Although nothing official has been said, don't be surprised if the 700 Series goes away early next year. With the additions of the CM5, CM9, the ASW10CM, and the 700 Series being the oldest product in the line its days are numbered.

Not to highjack the thread but if I were B&W, I'd redo the 700 Series to take the place of the 805S, 804S, 803S, HTM4S, and HTM3S. Then I'd focus and shrink the 800 Series line and do only diamond tweeter products. Redo the 800 Series woofers and have a room EQ circuit like JL Audio and Velodyne.

It seems weird to me (and I'm a dealer) that the statement line is the biggest they have. Again that is just me thinking out loud. What do you guys think?

Eric
                    I'm going to have to agree with you there.

I as a 703 owner will be sad to see the line go away. But, I do also see room for improvement. With a $3000 price tag on the CM9 I really don't see a market for the 700 series anymore. Maybe they can make a 750 series or something and do away with the lower 800 series morphing the two lines. To me that at least makes sense. However, maybe they are thinking that if they do away with the lower 800 series the speakers wont have that marketing prestige of being part of the 800 line.

I'm sure B&W management somewhere has a plan on what is going on. But, for now it seems like their mouths are pretty well shut.
                    -Joe

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"