X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THX-UltraII
    • Oct 2008

my 705 just fall during vacuuming!

My topic title says enough:

While I was vacuuming just a moment ago my 705 fall from its 60cm Atacama Nexus stand! :cry: :cry: :cry: . I think I MIGHT be lucky that he fell flat on its BACK. the corners of the backside of the 705 are a little bit damaged now.

I m not hearing any strnage things from the speaker but how can I test if some broke inside? And IS it reasonable that something broke inside the speaker or do I not have to worry?

thxz!
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I doubt anything broke inside...there's really not much to break, everything should be pretty secure in there.

Only way to know for sure is to open it up, but if nothing rattles when you shake the speaker and it sounds normal. You are fine (most likely).

Sounds like you just got some damage to the cabinet itself.

-Dan
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by THX-UltraII
      I m not hearing any strnage things from the speaker but how can I test if some broke inside? And IS it reasonable that something broke inside the speaker or do I not have to worry?thxz!
      If sound is good then you are ok just cosmetic flaws it shows character :B
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• kobestonecold
        • Sep 2007

the last time my 705 got some damage to the cabinet i changed it to the new 805s. :T
        Even little damage can take away the pretty look of the speaker.

Comment

• videophile
          • Sep 2008

hey don't make him feel bad. if your speakers still sound good, don't worry too much with the looks. accidents happen, it's part of life. but if you really want to make sure nothing's broken inside, bring it to your dealer/service center for diagnosis/advice.

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

But still... that sucks.
            I had one of my boys knock down my 805 this summer. LUCKILY, the 805 was bolted to the stand, and the stand didn't fall all the way as the tv table stopped it. But seeing the 805 at 45 degrees was a bad sight.
            I hope it doesn't cause you any problems.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"