X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ataim
    • Aug 2008

I finally got my last 802

I'm in the process of building a new house that will have a dedicated HT room. I've sold off quite a bit of stuff (2-Paradigm S8, 2 Paradigm Studio S60v3 and 3-M&K S-150P and 4-M&K SS-150T) to buy some B&W N802's and SCM-1's. Today I received the last 802. I now have three 802's across the front and 2-SCM-1 for the sides and eventually 2 more for the rears. I also picked up a Lexicon MC12-B. All I need now is some amps to drive them all. As a stop gap I bought a 5 chanel Rotel to hold me over until I can find something better.
    Attached Files
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Ataim
    Today I received the last 802. I now have three 802's across the front and 2-SCM-1 for the sides and eventually 2 more for the rears. I also picked up a Lexicon MC12-B. All I need now is some amps to drive them all. As a stop gap I bought a 5 chanel Rotel to hold me over until I can find something better.
    Way to go I have three 802D in the front and two 802N on the side with two 803 in the back. Get Classé CA-5200 and you will love it, a match made in heaven :T
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Nice!
      Danish

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Excellento! :T

and ... welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Ataim
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wettou
          Get Classé CA-5200 and you will love it, a match made in heaven :T
          :E :E :E It WILL take a little time to scrape enough money to buy one of those. (and keep my wife from finding out about it :roll: ) THe way my HT is set up I'd need the 3200 to drive the fronts and a 6 channel to drive the two sets of sides and the rear set.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

:E :E :E It WILL take a little time to scrape enough money to buy one of those. (and keep my wife from finding out about it :roll: ) THe way my HT is set up I'd need the 3200 to drive the fronts and a 6 channel to drive the two sets of sides and the rear set.
            I hear you bro, check out Audiogon they have great deals some times :T

Why six channels do you have six surround speakers?
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Ataim
              • Aug 2008

Yep Audiogon is where is bought all of the speakers. And yes, six surrounds, I have planned for two sets of side and a pair for the rear. My HT room size is 23'-11" x 13'-9" x 9' . Currently I only have the 3 802's and 2 SCM's. :cry:

Originally posted by wettou
              I hear you bro, check out Audiogon they have great deals some times :T

Why six channels do you have six surround speakers?

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Yep Audiogon is where is bought all of the speakers. And yes, six surrounds, I have planned for two sets of side and a pair for the rear. My HT room size is 23'-11" x 13'-9" x 9' . Currently I only have the 3 802's and 2 SCM's. :cry:
                I may suggest an amp like my Classe CAV-150 to drive your surrounds. It's 6 channels at 150 watts per channel, and is a great sounding amp. Used of course, as they don't make them any longer.

Comment

• bigburner
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

I'm in the process of building a new house that will have a dedicated HT room. I've sold off quite a bit of stuff (2-Paradigm S8, 2 Paradigm Studio S60v3 and 3-M&K S-150P and 4-M&K SS-150T) to buy some B&W N802's and SCM-1's. Today I received the last 802. I now have three 802's across the front and 2-SCM-1 for the sides and eventually 2 more for the rears. I also picked up a Lexicon MC12-B. All I need now is some amps to drive them all. As a stop gap I bought a 5 chanel Rotel to hold me over until I can find something better.
                  Hi Ataim,

What did you like or dislike about the Paradigm S8 speakers?

Nigel.

Comment

• Ataim
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by bigburner
                    Hi Ataim,

What did you like or dislike about the Paradigm S8 speakers?

Nigel.
                    I really liked the S8, I bought them at a local police auction. The top end was rather foward, more so than the N802. I had them pointed at the sweet spot, after I toed them out about 10 degrees it was not as bad, but the imaging kindof west south. Bass was strong and punchy, but not bloated. I also think that the mid range was kindof polly sounding. I cannot really put my finger on it, but the mids just sounded different. The soundstage was solid, with instruments placed nicely in space left to right, but not foward to backwards. My new house is under construction and I no longer have a dedicated two channel room. I sold off the above mentioned stuff to have a really good two and multi-channel room.

I've had a rather long list of speakers in and out of my TWO channel room. Magnepans 2.6R, Klipschorns, Klipsch Cornwalls and Hereseys, M&K S-1B, S8. I was driving the S8 with an older Denon AVR3200 with a McIntosh CD player. As compared to the Magies, NOTHING has come close to the imageing and depth they provide. I just like to listen to my music too loud for them (hence all of the Klipsch). However I never listended to the S8 the McIntosh MC2505 amp that I had, I'm sure that that would have made a slight difference.

Hope all of the helps.

Comment

• huyanh900
                      • Jul 2008

I finally got my last 802

Nice set up

Comment

• bigburner
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

I really liked the S8, I bought them at a local police auction. The top end was rather foward, more so than the N802. I had them pointed at the sweet spot, after I toed them out about 10 degrees it was not as bad, but the imaging kindof west south. Bass was strong and punchy, but not bloated. I also think that the mid range was kindof polly sounding. I cannot really put my finger on it, but the mids just sounded different. The soundstage was solid, with instruments placed nicely in space left to right, but not foward to backwards. My new house is under construction and I no longer have a dedicated two channel room. I sold off the above mentioned stuff to have a really good two and multi-channel room.

I've had a rather long list of speakers in and out of my TWO channel room. Magnepans 2.6R, Klipschorns, Klipsch Cornwalls and Hereseys, M&K S-1B, S8. I was driving the S8 with an older Denon AVR3200 with a McIntosh CD player. As compared to the Magies, NOTHING has come close to the imageing and depth they provide. I just like to listen to my music too loud for them (hence all of the Klipsch). However I never listended to the S8 the McIntosh MC2505 amp that I had, I'm sure that that would have made a slight difference.

Hope all of the helps.
                        Yes, thank you.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"