X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmott
    • Jun 2008

adding mass to 805 stands to reduce floor vibration

i have heard most people use play sand from home depot to fill their stands, but does anyone know a good place to buy steel shot? i am trying to find a b&m store or someone on the internet with a good reputation. what size steel shot do people use? BB sized? i am under the impression that steel shot would be better but more expensive then sand.

i want to try and add as much weight as possible so the bass from my 805;s doesn;t get transferred to my hardwood floors, and to my neighbors. would a bunch of steel shot (25lbs per speaker) be the correct route to take?

-brian
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Try a gun/ammunition shop. Some sporting goods stores that carry guns would probably have as well. I just use sand for my 805S stands...works fine, as long as it's clean (doesn't promote rust from the inside).
    Brad

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"