X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Toeing in or Raking back talk about angles

I have my 802D's toe'd in at slight angles toward the center sweet spot.

This has created that magic invisible center speaker while the center speaker is off known to us all as imaging.

I was reading about Sonus Faber's speakers and how they Rake them back besides toeing them in. Since the feet on the 802D's are adjustable (mine are) I was wondering if anybody rakes their speakers back.

I'm thinking about trying it out just for fun
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
    I have my 802D's toe'd in at slight angles toward the center sweet spot. This has created that magic invisible center speaker while the center speaker is off known to us all as imaging.
    Yes It works very well I have mine toed in 20 degree.

I was reading about Sonus Faber's speakers and how they Rake them back besides toeing them in. Since the feet on the 802D's are adjustable (mine are) I was wondering if anybody rakes their speakers back. I'm thinking about trying it out just for fun
    I just got my spike kits five of them, is there any instruction on how to put them on? Also it is worth-it my floors are Marble
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by wettou
      Yes It works very well I have mine toed in 20 degree.

I just got my spike kits five of them, is there any instruction on how to put them on? Also it is worth-it my floors are Marble
      I use the spikes on the rubber side. It tore up my wood floors. If I have Marble I would use spikes with cups so they don't split the marble. Or go with the rubber side.

Comment

• dmccombs
        • Sep 2006

I have my 802D's toe'd in at slight angles toward the center sweet spot.

This has created that magic invisible center speaker while the center speaker is off known to us all as imaging.

I was reading about Sonus Faber's speakers and how they Rake them back besides toeing them in. Since the feet on the 802D's are adjustable (mine are) I was wondering if anybody rakes their speakers back.

I'm thinking about trying it out just for fun
        Doggy,

I have heard that the 802Ds sound better if you are a little lower than the tweeters. My seating position is already a bit low and the soundstage sounds terrific.

If your seating position puts your ears at tweeter height, it may be worth leaning the 802D back a little. Fortunately, it is a quick test, to see how it works in your room.

Darrell

Comment

• misterdoggy
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

I am definitely lower than the tweeters

it could be faced downward

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"