X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordan032503
    • May 2008

B&W newbie... need help..!

Currently I only have the klipsch RF7 for my main speaker, and the sub ( 15" eathquake). B&K 507 for receiver and I am looking to buy HTM2 for center, b&w 805 for surround.. do you think this set up would be ok for HIFI?.. or I need to replace the Klipsch rf 7 to B&W 803 or 804.. and do any one know if B&W speakers would be good for Karaoke purposes????????

Thanks 8O
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Ummm, I am going to say no to both questions. I used to own the RF-7. Loved it, but I sold it because I prefer the sound of B&W with female voices over the Klipsch. Klipsch and B&W have a very different characteristic. Klipsch being more forward, very spacious, and seem to sound better with male voices. What kind of music do you like? Or is it strictly movies? Even though I really enjoyed my RF-7s, when I had a 5.1 setup of B&W 600 series, I never looked back at the way movies sounded with any other speaker I had.

Karaoke. I actually played around with some little apps on my HTPC with my 805s about a year or so ago during a BBQ. I don't really rememebr anything special about it. I think it's a bit overkill unless you have a REALLY high-end karaoke setup with matching microphones.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• N2siast
      • Sep 2007

[QUOTE==ou like? Even though I really enjoyed my RF-7s, when I had a 5.1 setup of B&W 600 series, I never looked back at the way movies sounded with any other speaker I had.

What do you mean?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"