X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alive&amplified
    • May 2008

Music Matters - Georgia Home Theater

I tried doing a search, but I didn't find anything on the Music Matters event hosted by Georgia Home Theater in their Atlanta showroom. It was held on Thurs May 1st; they had quite a turnout there. Several high-end manufacturers were showcasing their benchmark products.

Some notable companies were Bowers & Wilkins (of course), Classe, Rotel, McIntosh, Wilson Audio, Peachtree Audio, Sennheiser, and Shunyata Research. Several reps from B&W were there showcasing the Signature Diamond! They even had two Jaguar XF cars on display with the new B&W sound systems!! The cars were incredible!!

The B&W Room consisted of a Classe CP500 preamp, CA2200 power amp, and a CDP102 CD player. The speakers, obviously, were a pair of Signature Diamond 40th anniversary speakers. They were an impressive little pair of speakers. Unfortunately, they were set up in a home theater room with lots of acoustic treatment, so the demo wasn't as impressive as listening to them in a living room or larger area. I just don't like dead rooms; no life to the music. But like I said, they were very impressive for their size.

GHT is primarily a home theater company, but the guys there have a really great passion for 2-channel audio, which is what the event was focused on. There were no plasmas or projectors playing any video; just great music on great equipment all night. Bravo guys!! :T

I will try to post some pics from the event!
  • alive&amplified
    • May 2008

Pics from Music Matters event in Atlanta

Here are some of the pics from the Music Matters event at Georgia Home Theater:

Photography courtesy of R. Sadlier

Comment

• alive&amplified
      • May 2008

Really??? No comments on this event?

<bump for some cool pics and a killer Jaguar sound system>

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
        • May 2005

I wish they had an event like that here in Vancouver. Thanks for the pictures :T

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Wow, looks like a nice event.

Sound Plus used to have an event like this every Oct, back at their W Broadway location. Not sure if any store is doiing anything like this anymore.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Great pics! Got any more? Sorry, I have an insatiable appetite for pics of the B&W's and Classé. :B
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"