X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Inside the ASW855

Had to remove the sub today to get a grommet for the grill out. Figured I would share some pics. The whole enclosure assembled weighs 99 lbs, the sub alone weighs 32 lbs.
    Notice the edges from the sub opening how they are routed out. Also notice how thick the cone of the woofer is. Its not just a carbon cone, its atleast 1/4" thick sandwich. You see the holes down to the middle of the cone (VC cooling?)
    The leads for the woofer are stiched into the spider (didnt take any pics of that)

One thing I noticed the spider on the direct opposite of the terminals/tinsil leads it looks like there is/could be another pair of leads stictched into the spider. Also notice the back of the enclosure next to the leads coming from the amp (12 gauge) there is a second hole that is sealed with some sort of putty. Wonder why/what options there could be there for that...

Overall very impressed. :T

B&W
  • jericho
    • Dec 2004

Thanks for sharing this info

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

B_E_A_utiful pics. I have a ASW800 but am considering upgrading tothe 855. What a hulk that sub is.

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Don't think I'd have the guts to do that to my ASW-850!
        Last edited by Blindamood; 26 March 2008, 15:48 Wednesday.
        Brad

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

Thanks for posting. That woofer looks very robust and well designed. Anyone notice the magnet is quite small in comparison to the 15" size woofer? I wonder what the excursion is on the woofer?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"