X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffk
    • Jan 2008

Best Amp for N803 (+htm1?)?

I'm upgrading my HT system, selling CDM9NT/CDMCNT combo for N803/HTM1 combo. Have existing side surrounds but will eventually upgrade to DS7's (DS8 too big). However, I will also be using this system for critical 2 channel music, and I don't think my Pioneer vsx49tx HT rcvr is going to get the best out of these spkrs, although rated at 130wpc @ 8ohms into 7 channels running (not 2 chnl rating, so it's got 7 chnl juice). So the question is, using the pioneer pre outs, whats the best 2 chnl amp to match with these 803's, and should I consider a 3 chnl amp to include the HTM1?
    A few other points: I may have an audio cabinet size/height constraint, so i will probably need a slightly low profile chassis (depth/width no problem). I need to move DVD/CD player on top of the pioneer rcvr (is that BAD? Doesn't run too hot, and probably much less so with outboard amp for front 2 or 3 chnls, but will heat from rcvr affect dvd/cd player?). If I do this, I gain a shelf with 6-7 inches (open front/back for ventilation).

So, in short, best 2-3 channel amp at no higher than 6-6.5inches high for N803/HTM1. Can be used if better value exists, as it usually does.
    Thanks for your help
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"