• Feb 2006

System upgrade

Hi,

My courrent set:
    B&W 803s - htm4s - 805s - 750sub .
    Rotel 2x RB1092 (front - 803s & rear 805s) , RB1091 htm4s center - RSP1068
    Pioneer Full HD Kuro 508d

first:
    new front: 803d with htm3s or 2d or 802d?
    (next new power ampli like Classè CA2200?)

Please opinion for the speakers. I think the 805s is a superb speakers for rear
    (and for for main too..DON'T go out from my house.- sub. 750 idem.)

thank's Omar
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Bw

Hi Man!!,

803s vs. 803D --> ???

803D vs. 802D ---> ???

Greetings from Switzerland
    Omar

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Hi Style

I personally like the 803s better than the D versions,but if you are going to upgrade your electronics to Classé,then as the people in this forum says the D versions might be better!
      If you are to sell your 803S, please PM me, I am looking in to getting a pair.

Best Mikael

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikael
        Hi Style

I personally like the 803s better than the D versions,but if you are going to upgrade your electronics to Classé,then as the people in this forum says the D versions might be better!
        If you are to sell your 803S, please PM me, I am looking in to getting a pair.

Best Mikael
        There are many electronics choices out there besides Classe' that will do the 803D's justice.

Everybody's tastes, listening rooms and systems are very different and will affect one's view on one speaker v. another. But, I found that the 803D was far superior to the 803S for my musical penchant toward jazz and female vocal genre's. I did not find that the 803S was a worthy upgrade over my previous N803's. The 803D's were in an entirely different league.

Of course, the price of the upgrade from my old HTM1 center to the new HTM2D was a steep price to pay that really ticked me off. But matching speakers across the front was/is an absolute necessity. My N805's still do the trick for the surrounds.

Style, go to your dealer and listen and decide for yourself whether the D's (803 or 802) are worth the upgrade price. But remember, that if HT is important to you, a center channel upgrade will also have to be made.
        Stan

Comment

• Pedro
          • Jan 2006

The Center speaker will be important. If you go to 803D or 802D you MUST use HTM2D

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"