X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • din2531
    • Nov 2007

New 805s owner

Hello everyone! New member here.

I just got my new 805S pair delivered today and I am pretty excited to hook them up. Right now, I do not have a spare bi-wire cable so I was gonna just connect them using a regular speaker cable (the new bi-wires are being delivered soon I hope.)

Anyway, I am little perplexed with the speaker terminals! All 4 terminals have these little plastic plugs sticking out of the banana terminal ends. I am not sure how to remove these plastic plugs. I do not wish to force these pieces out since I am not sure but needed advice on this from those who own these little gems. The manual doesn't have any info regarding this.

I do own a lot of other b&w models (Nautilus 804, DM 605S2, LCR6 S2, DM 602S2) but never really faced this before.. Thanks in advance!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Just pull them out. They come out very easy. I've never had to use anything other than my fingers to pull them out.

Eric

Comment

• Tommy
      • Dec 2006

Try screwing the terminal all the way in. These plastic plugs should be forced out a little, then you can pull them out with your fingers.

Comment

• din2531
        • Nov 2007

Re:Thanks!

I appreciate your feedback. I was able to "pull the plug" on them without destroying my new babies.

Hooked up the terminals with jumper cable and the regular speaker cable and started the looooooong break in period.
        Last edited by din2531; 18 November 2007, 02:15 Sunday.

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI din,
          Congrats on your 805S's. I have them too. I think you will be amazed. A word of advice: They really need a good amp. Don't settle for Rotel level amplification. Good as the Rotel's are, they are not good enough for the 800 series speakers.

Sparky

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Congrats on your new speakers! :T
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• din2531
              • Nov 2007

Thanks guys. I am really loving them so far! Specially even more since the prices on them just headed north recently;-)

Karma, I am just using my decade old (almost) Denon AVR-5700 to drive them right now. I do have a 2 channel set-up in my family room with McCormack RLD-1/DNA-225 driving my N804s with a Rega CD player. I just can't afford to spend to upgrade my AV receiver at this point but hopefully someday will save off enough to get separates for my HT as well.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"