X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

Would this room layout sound better

With the coming delivery of my 703's, I though that this may be a good time to change (maybe optimize) my room layout. I haven't tried this in the past because I was too lazy to move the furniture, wall-mounted surrounds, cable wire, etc...

Attached is an image showing my current layout and proposed layout. I'm not sure how the cavities (i.e. the kitchen and hallway access) would affect the sound in the second config and whether this would be a better layout acoustically or not.

The speakers in their current config are 18" away from the rear wall and toed in (not shown in the drawing)

Also not shown is my comfy chair which usually sits between my couch and the right wall and a 5'x8' rug placed in front of the couch under the coffee table.

PS: I'm a bachelor which explains why my place is so sparsely furnished ;-)
    Attached Files
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I have a similar situation to you, Id say the proposed setup would be the better option, however My room is set up similar to your current setup as having a couch in between the eating area/kitchen in the living room made the room feel smaller and blocked off much of the walk way.
    B&W

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

blocked off much of the walk way
      Exactly, that's the reason why I went with what you see originally, I wasn't even cognizant of room acoustics at the time :B

Comment

• dmccombs
        • Sep 2006

The Proposed Setup should sound better. As you are a bachelor, the choices seems quite easy.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"