Any recommendations on getting a pair of 2nd hand 703?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laiwei23
    • Sep 2007

Any recommendations on getting a pair of 2nd hand 703?

G'day guys,

I'm new here and looking forward to share some insights with all you gurus out here!

The question is that I'm lookin for a pair of 2nd hand 703s, appreciate if you could give's some insights on a list of things I should cross check before getting them.

Thanks for ur help! ;x(
  • Russ L
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by laiwei23
    G'day guys,

I'm new here and looking forward to share some insights with all you gurus out here!

The question is that I'm lookin for a pair of 2nd hand 703s, appreciate if you could give's some insights on a list of things I should cross check before getting them.

Thanks for ur help! ;x(
    The 5 year warranty on used B&W speakers is non-transferable. If a driver goes you'll have to pay. Listen up close for any cone etc. defects and at different volumes. The surround ( the part that joins the speaker to the cabinet) is usually first to go so check it for cracks and wear. Normally should last 12+ yrs but if speakers in very dry environment cracking might appear. oh... not a guru yet...still seeking audio enlightenment -Russ
    Russ

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

Really? I didn't know it was non-transferable have other manufacturers adopted a similar policy? I know when it comes to electronics I can think of a few that don't mind if you sell 2nd hand.

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

No B&W warranty transfer outside of the original owner.

I would hope that the speaker surrounds will last longer than 12 years. I'm still using speakers in an HT setup that I purchased in 1975, and they are still in great shape.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"