X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasbwfan
    • Sep 2005

Ceiling Speakers

All,

Which ceiling speakers would best match the following components?

805s - front left and right
    HTM3s - center
    ASW825 - sub

I'm constrained for space and will be forced to use a ceiling speaker for rears. Any assistance/guidance that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance,
    texasbwfan
  • Iggurk
    • Jun 2006

As far as I know the SCMS or DS8S are the only speakers of serie 8xx that can be used as ceiling speakers.

When I bought my 705 I asked B&W to recomand me ceiling support, they told me that these speakers haven't been designed for ceiling, and they also strongly advised to use them with the dedicated feet, so I think that it's the same for the 805.

If you plan to use your system only for HT you can consider smaller speakers like e.g. XT2.

Regards
    Yves

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Does it have to be round? If so, the closest thing to a match would be the CCM817 or the new CCM818. If you can to a rectangle, then the CWM8180 or Signature 8NT. The Signature 8NT is quite big, so that might be a tough fit.

Eric

Comment

• Glenee
        • Aug 2006

B&W 650's in wall or ceiling mount. Own em" there great. Down to 50HRZ clean.
        Glenee

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"