X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kvardas
    • Dec 2005

Rear Ceiling Mounted Speakers

Hi, this is probably going to sound really stupid, but oh well.

I have a pair of custom Vifa 2-way speakers with P17 woofers and D27 tweeters. The Cabinets are approximately 7.5 inches wide by 13 inches tall, and have a rear port. I also have a pair of MTM Fronts and Center that use the same drivers and were designed to go with the rear MTs.

I recently built a new room that is ready for drywall. I will have the Fronts and Center in the front of the room and wanted to have the rear speakers in the back (as one would logically do). However, my wife is adament (I guess I am a wimp) that the rear speakers be mounted in the ceiling. Do you think it would be advisable to mount the rear speakers again the ceiling trusses, add dry wall (with pre-cut driver openings) over the speakers? Or, should I keep the Rear MTs for another room and purchase pre-made ceiling speakers, such as the Dayton ceiling speakers that can be found here:

I guess the advantage of using the Vifa MTs is that they would match with the Vifa Fronts and Center, although there would be the loss of the rear port frequencies that would fire toward the ceiling. This disavantage is that they are quite heavy.

Thanks

Kris
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"