X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armandopavia
    • Jul 2007

B&W 804S

Hi guys,

this is my first thread (just registered) and would like to read your opinions on putting together with my 804S following items:

Pre: jadis JP 15
    amp: Copland CTA 520
    CD Payer: Esoteric SA 60.

Thanks a lot for your kind attention

Armando
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Welcome to the forum

After reading the posts on this site for some time I think you may be lucky to get any comments on those brands (although there could be people lurking here who use the Jadis/Copland/Esoteric gear - or maybe I am just not very observant )

Most of the guys here seem to like Mcintosh, Classssss-aye, or to a lesser extent Krell with their 800s. This is not to say that the gear you are talking about would not be an excellent match.

I myself am very seriously considering trading my Conrad Johnson PV14 pre on the same companies CA200 control amp. I found out recently that the word on the street is true, 804s do like lots of current. I thought my 100w power amp was enough but a recent experience with a 150w integrated showed me how much better they sound when the amp has more grip on the drivers.

If an audition is possible try 2 of those amps (Copland) in bridged mode to see if it works better with the 804s.

I think a tube pre-amp is a good idea. Yes I am thinking of trading mine, but I still like it very much.

Have you tried any other gear with the 804s?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Briz vegas; 26 July 2007, 09:15 Thursday. Reason: Photo to drool over
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"