X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jksf
    • Jul 2007

Speakers to go with B&W P5 for home theater setup

I have a pair of B&W P5's I like a lot, but we'll soon be moving into a bigger place and, along with a big-screen TV (to finally replace my 10-year-old 27" set), I'd like to get a HT system going. I'm looking for suggestions on what to use for the center and surround speakers. The room isn't enormous - maybe 12 x 16 feet, and I plan on starting off with an integrated A/V receiver.

Thanks!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

It's been a while since I've heard any of the P Series but if my memory serves correct the 600 Series is going to be closest tonal match to what you have. The tweeter in the 700 Series and 800 Series is very different than the tweeters in the P5's you have. The same would go for the rear speakers. If possible, take your speakers into your local dealer and see how the current center channels blend with your speakers. If the dealer will do loaners, then see if you can take a couple of centers home and do the evaluation at home.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"