X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marano
    • May 2006

300 Series Discontinued?

Anyone know if the 300 series has been discontinued? They are no longer on http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/
  • SF_VR6
    • Apr 2007

yes. I've heard they are going to be discontinued. You would wanna start with the new 600 series anyways :T

Comment

• marano
      • May 2006

Already have the 600 series (thinking about moving up to the 700 or 800 series in another year or two), I was just thinking that they would make fine computer speakers if I can get them on a discount.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Yes the 300 Series is disco'ed. The new 600 Series is the starting point in the "normal box" speakers.

Eric

Comment

• KRC
          • Aug 2004

It must be marketing as they have a number of speakers at the same price point.

Kevin

Comment

• linuxtx
            • Apr 2007

The LM-1 are still around and make pretty decent computer speakers... Especially when you add the AS-1 sub. Basically that setup + the refurb HK 3480 is only $800, less if you buy the speakers and sub used. I am replacing mine, but it takes more than double that cost to get enough improvement in a reasonable form factor for the desk. The LM-1/AS-1 will move to the bedroom.

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by KRC
              It must be marketing as they have a number of speakers at the same price point.

Kevin
              The main reason for them going away is a drop in sales. Normal bookshelf speakers in that price range are selling less and less all the time. Speakers like the VM1, M1, and to a lesser degree the LM1 are what people are buying at the entry level. They just don't want the typical box anymore.

Eric

Comment

• dknightd
                • Mar 2006

When I was shopping for computer speakers I listened to the 300 series speaker (I don't remember the model number) but the 600s3 sounded much better in all regards for just a little more money. I don't know why b&W continued to sell that speaker - it was not competitive with either other brands, or other b&w speakers. I guess they agree and have decided not to sell it any more.

Comment

• RH Customs
                  • May 2006

I have the DM 303's and a ASW 300 and love them. But I agree start with the LM1's or the 686's. Oh by the way I have both the LM1's for my computer with a ASW 300, and the DM 303's and ASW 303's for my stereo.
                  "Yes, but these go up to aleven" Spinal Tap

RH
                  :-y

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"