X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoffi
    • Nov 2005

Found perfect electronics for 802D´s!

Hello B&W friends!
    I have followed the discussion about the "right Amp" for B&W D series for a long time now and just want to share my experiences with you.
    I have my 802 D´s for almost 2 years now and started with Rotel equipment (RSP 1098 + RMB 1075). Then I bought a Classe CAV 180 for driving my surround system (802D+804back+HTM1center) which was a great improvement over the rotel RMB 1075. After that I bought a pair of used Classe CAM 350 for front channels which was again an improvent. What I was searching for when listening to the classe´s was a bit more dynamic sound. So I switched over to Krell (KCTpre+FPB 300cx) which gave more dynamics and a, lets say, more "brilliant" sound. But I still had the feeling, that the 802D´s can do more and that there must be something better out there. My dealer strongly recommended to try audionet. Audionet is a small german company and in all tests they had very very good results. So I bought a surround pre/pro with external power supply, and a multiplayer (a hifi magazine called it the "best multiplayer of the world"). Last week my daler gave me a audionet demo amp (one of the first two channel amp out of a brandnew series which is just launched)
    The result is just ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x(
    It´s really hard to explain but especially the amp makes such a huge difference to Krell and Classe that it is just incredible. The 802D are really exploding and dancing! There is so much more from everything: more dynamics, so much more details that I´m discovering all my music in a new way, more punch, much more brilliance,a soundstage that is a real live feeling-absolutely no comparison to the other components I had before. And in this case, it´s not a question of personal taste- it´s clear a lot better and pure Highend! Everytime you switch it on, you´re just wowed and wondering what the 802D´s can do 8O . Now I ordered already a pair of monos which are coming out in 4 weeks (see picture from audionet). After a long time of searching and sometimes also a littlebit frustration (you spend so much money and you´re still not satisfied) I finally found the system which offers the feeling I was searching for: total pleasure each time you switch it on!
    Keep on posting and excuse my bad english
    Attached Files
    :sn
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Your English is quite a bit better than 3/4 of my high school graduating class :T Those amps look very nice . If they sound half as good as they look I've found a whole new way to be frustrated!
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

very cool looking stuff. neve heard of it. Available in canada?

Comment

• DeepEndX
        • Feb 2005

Thank you for sharing. It is nice to hear people with different experiences with different amps. By the way, what is the approximate price range for these amps?

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Wow, sounds like you've reached your 'acoustic nirvana", congratulations !
          I guess many of us here are pretty much positive their own gear is 'the thing" .
          it's nice to hear different members coming from different stand points, all for the fun of listening to music !!
          Eliav
          :T Socrat

Comment

• Hoffi
            • Nov 2005

Price for the monos is 7500,- Euros. The pre/pro with external power supply was 5200,-, price for the player 7000,-. You can also find some information and test results on their homepage (www.audionet.de)
            Hoffi
            :sn

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Oh damn, that seems pricey if Im thinking euro-> USD correctly.

Sure look nice
              B&W

Comment

• dave shepard
                • Feb 2005

I shot them an E-mail requesting some info last week and I still haven't gott a responce back. Look good though

Dave

Comment

• JürgenW
                  • Jul 2004

Hi Hoffi,

I can understand your enthusiastic feelings and even share them - as most of my AV-/Hifi-equipment is from the same company (Audionet). See my profile.

It combines very well with the B&W Matrix 801 series 3, 2, ...

Here you can find their website in English: http://www.audionet.de/indexe.html

Audionet isn't very good in answering e-mails, best is give them a call. (Easy said from someone from the Netherlands. )

Jürgen

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

Hoffi,

I had the same experience as you. I tried Rotel, Parasound, then Krell FPB400CX, then Mark Levinson 436 Mono blocks, then PassLabs X250.5 (not bad at all), but finally found the sound I was looking for with the OLD name in Hifi McIntosh pair of Mono's MC501's. I got a Tube Preamp by McIntosh the C2200 which has Passthru for Home cinema and its probably the Tube preamp combo that brings out all the warmth and detail I have been searching for.

What I have learned is that first impressions can be deceiving. You have to live with stuff for a while to see whether or not it keeps delivering the sound enjoyment. So far I am as happy as a clam (aren't they happy ?)

So Hoffi I am happy you have found your Nirvana, and I have found mine

Comment

• Angioguy
                      • Nov 2005

ditto... love my Mac + 802D's
                      B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• Guy
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                        Hoffi,

I had the same experience as you. I tried Rotel, Parasound, then Krell FPB400CX, then Mark Levinson 436 Mono blocks, then PassLabs X250.5 (not bad at all), but finally found the sound I was looking for with the OLD name in Hifi McIntosh pair of Mono's MC501's. I got a Tube Preamp by McIntosh the C2200 which has Passthru for Home cinema and its probably the Tube preamp combo that brings out all the warmth and detail I have been searching for.

What I have learned is that first impressions can be deceiving. You have to live with stuff for a while to see whether or not it keeps delivering the sound enjoyment. So far I am as happy as a clam (aren't they happy ?)

So Hoffi I am happy you have found your Nirvana, and I have found mine
                        I will also vouch for the 802D + MAC combo. Got my MAC 501s last week and they are truly brilliant. I get a warm sound even though I am using the Krell preamp.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                          Super Senior Member
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Guy
                          I will also vouch for the 802D + MAC combo. Got my MAC 501s last week and they are truly brilliant. I get a warm sound even though I am using the Krell preamp.
                          Guy,

Watch out, ONce you start buying Mac its like "MAC ATTACK" you will start changing everything to those gorgeous Glass Black and Blue dials.

You can check out Audiokarma where there is a discussion group forum on McIntosh Products at:

Comment

• Alloroc
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005

Hoffi,

I auditioned Audionet when buying my new amp. I also checked out another German hifi company MBL at the time. Heresy to most here but Krell just did not work well with my Kharmas. All are lovely though. I also listened to the Audionet multichannel pre and amps hooked up to a full 802d surround system - wow! and they will worry Classe! I ultimatly went with DarTZeel (swiss) though.
                            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Guy
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                              Guy,

Watch out, ONce you start buying Mac its like "MAC ATTACK" you will start changing everything to those gorgeous Glass Black and Blue dials.

You can check out Audiokarma where there is a discussion group forum on McIntosh Products at:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54
                              Please don't tempt me 8O

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"