This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Hehe.....rollers....reminds me of a client who upgraded from N802 to Sig. 800, and we delivered those beasts, carfeully took the 802s out of the "cabinet" and carefully set the 800s on the rug. Well, before we could carefully place the 800s in, the client decided he would go ahead and help....he rolled them across a beautiful wood floor leaving 4 nice trails....and he didnt say anything....we were gasping, but he either didnt care, or didnt care more....lol.... oh well.

Comment

• sg2
      • Sep 2006

Hi all,

Hi MrDoggy,

Here is what I did for just the same purpose : http://s.guillard.free.fr/802D_ptfe_feet/

Regards,
      --
      Stéphane
      Regards,
      --
      Stéphane

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Stephane,

chouette !!

But wasn't there a possibility to keep the bottom cover "and" use the Patins ?

Is there a way to remove the metal chambers where the rollers go and put the patins in their place.

I prefer the look of yours and those patins glide and don;t hurt the floor, but not at the expense of exposing all the interior working open like that.

Are they 80 or 60 mm ?

Comment

• sg2
          • Sep 2006

They are 60 mm, which is the exact outer diameter of the roller cages. (but 80 mm would do too).

As for "exposing", the thin wooden bottom cover is useless (not air sealed), and I don't mind the elements venting a bit by natural convection. The bottom aluminum "pillars" to the top are sealed, so it changes nothing that the bottom cover is here or not.

Plus, if you notice carefully, the screws which hold the bottom cover would probably have their heads way too close to ground, risking yet again to hurt the floor.

Really, I think I have found the perfect setup for me, plus the teflon pads make moving those heavy speakers a child's play, effortless and smooth.

Regards,
          --
          Stéphane
          Last edited by sg2; 02 May 2007, 03:13 Wednesday.
          Regards,
          --
          Stéphane

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

no possibility to keep the bottom and use the patins

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
              • Apr 2007

I use a wooden base to protect the soil. It also serves to protect the box of contacts with broom and feet. In top of the base, use the 703 with spikes original, between the base and the soil silica feet.

"Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• misterdoggy
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

[QUOTE=Luke Skywalker]I use a wooden base to protect the soil. It also serves to protect the box of contacts with broom and feet. In top of the base, use the 703 with spikes original, between the base and the soil silica feet.

Luke Skywalker,

I'm afraid that's a complete redesign of the intended height. I mean a thin plastic sheet of something would serve the same.

You've got the added height of the spikes then on top added a lot of height with the extra base.

Unless everyone in the house is 6 1/2 feet you will be aiming too high.

I prefer the look right on the Floor like Stephane and will research to get lower rather than higher.

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
                  • Apr 2007

Ok, but my idea and to leave the high box exactly.
                  "Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

The good thing about this hobby is you are FREE to make your own choices.

If you are happy, then I am happy for you

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"