X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

600 series rear speakers

Currently I have a set of 603 S3's in the front along w/ the larger 600 center. I'm thinking about purchasing a set of rear speakers. Should I leave the 603's in the front and getting something like the 600 or 601 for the rears or would I be better off movin the 603's to the rear and get a set of 604's? If I moved the 603's to the rear there would be furniture that would be directly in the way of the lower bass drivers on the 603's.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by See-Fu
    Currently I have a set of 603 S3's in the front along w/ the larger 600 center. I'm thinking about purchasing a set of rear speakers. Should I leave the 603's in the front and getting something like the 600 or 601 for the rears or would I be better off movin the 603's to the rear and get a set of 604's? If I moved the 603's to the rear there would be furniture that would be directly in the way of the lower bass drivers on the 603's.

I would either do 601s for the rears, and if they will be blocked by furniture I would look at FPM 4s which would allow you to mount them 2 feet higher then listening level (recomended for surounds). Although a little better then the 600 series they would match them well. My opinion comes from having owning both.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by See-Fu
      Moving the DM603's to the rear and getting DM604's for the front would be great if the room permits. The dynamics would be fantastic with that configuration. The DM604's do need to be farther away from the wall than the DM603 or they sound thick and heavy. Also you would not to cover up the mid/woofer on the DM603 for obvious reasons, but the lower woofer would be okay. It's not ideal, but it would be better than the DM601 in my opinion.

Eric

Comment

• KRC
        • Aug 2004

I agree with the above, it depends on how big your room is, how loud you listen, furniture and stuff in the way and who much power you have to drive the speakers with. I run the 600 S3's and they are great for my installation. They are small and not obstrusive and easily upgradable for the future. It also depends on how much you want to spend. Lots of issues.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"