• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark-n-b
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Aldo
    So... What do you think?
    Im building my system like these:
    For the Nautilus (Each): 2 Classe CAM400 mono amps and one Classe CA2200 Stereo amp.
    For the HTM1D center a CAM400 mono
    And the question is:
    I still have 2 Classe CA2200 Stereo amps that I intend to use with the (4) 802Ds sorround speakers.
    My dealer offered me he can change those 2 CA2200 for 2 CAM400 without charge if I bought another CAM400pair.

Then I will get the surround speakers to be 400 watts powered!

Do you think it is a good idea, or it is not really necessary?
    Go for it. You know you want to! 8)

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Is this thread the definition of living vicariously or what.

Half you guys want to die and come back as Aldo. Thats really sad. All you have to do is get special plastic surgery, kiddnap Aldo and take his place. Its so simple that any hollywood writer or janitor could have thought of it. In fact I am planning on writing the script getting paid a fortune (because I am not on strike) and buying my own super crazy dollar system with 5 snails and a 20 foot projection screen.

(scene fades to crazed laughter and distant thunder)
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

More...
        Aldo this is an amazing set-up you have, I love the clean look to are you based in Europe? I noticed a Roche Bobois sofa

Just a suggestion you might want to get rid of that coffee table the sound will be even better no reflections
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Aldo
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou
          Aldo this is an amazing set-up you have, I love the clean look to are you based in Europe? I noticed a Roche Bobois sofa

Just a suggestion you might want to get rid of that coffee table the sound will be even better no reflections
          I will change that coffee table for a cow lether Minotti soon. I hope that will fix the reflectios issue. Remember that there is always the WIFE factor.
          Thanks!

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

I will change that coffee table for a cow lether Minotti soon. I hope that will fix the reflectios issue. Remember that there is always the WIFE factor.
            Thanks!
            Hi Aldo

How are you doin ? Its been a while and you keep evolving

Me too.... We are like Sharks that need to keep moving forward or we will die :T

Of course 400's for the rears are overkill, but then again your whole setup is overkill so whats a few more amps ....

Do you have your HTM1D slanted upwards in the front by many degree's.

I am picking mine up tomorrow and since it is on the floor it has to angle up to work doesn't it. ??

com mucho gusto amigo, hasta luego

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

I will change that coffee table for a cow leather Minotti soon. I hope that will fix the reflections issue. Remember that there is always the WIFE factor. Thanks!
              Yes I understand the wife factor very well, but still it will make it much better, you might want to try side tables that you can put in front when not listening
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• jjahshik32
                • Sep 2007

Wow very nice!!

Comment

• Aldo
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                  Hi Aldo

How are you doin ? Its been a while and you keep evolving

Me too.... We are like Sharks that need to keep moving forward or we will die :T

Of course 400's for the rears are overkill, but then again your whole setup is overkill so whats a few more amps ....

Do you have your HTM1D slanted upwards in the front by many degree's.

I am picking mine up tomorrow and since it is on the floor it has to angle up to work doesn't it. ??

com mucho gusto amigo, hasta luego
                  I angled the HTM1D almost as much as I can, just in straight line to my ears, It sounds amazing! The dialogs in movies now are more comprehensible and clear.
                  What color you pick?

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

I angled the HTM1D almost as much as I can, just in straight line to my ears, It sounds amazing! The dialogs in movies now are more comprehensible and clear.
                    What color you pick?
                    Cherrywood... Like the rest

They are delivering thursday now as I'll be in Italia for 2 days

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

I angled the HTM1D almost as much as I can, just in straight line to my ears, It sounds amazing! The dialogs in movies now are more comprehensible and clear. What color you pick?
                      If you can bring you HTM1D at the same level as the other two front speaker it will be even better. I use same three front and it is seamless.

May be it is time for an other Nautilus for the center.

Comment

• Aldo
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                        Cherrywood... Like the rest

They are delivering thursday now as I'll be in Italia for 2 days
                        Italia, You should say hello to my family in Milan!

Comment

• Aldo
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                          If you can bring you HTM1D at the same level as the other two front speaker it will be even better. I use same three front and it is seamless.

May be it is time for an other Nautilus for the center.
                          The problem is that my screen is not audioclear.
                          There is another effect that bothers me, the phantom image the Nautilus make psychologically feels like it is coming out of the HTM1D which is too low for that.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                            Super Senior Member
                            • May 2005

Italia, You should say hello to my family in Milan!
                            Aldo,

Ho pensato tu viene d'Italia ma siete in Sud America ?

Vado a Torino oggi 2 giorni per un Aste di manifesti

Conosco bene Milano. Siamo Andati moltisimi volti

Comment

• KyaDawn
                              • Mar 2008

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I came across Aldo's set-up and am just blown away! Incredible set-up! :T

Aldo, if you're still around, I hope you don't mind me asking some questions.

1. You mentioned almost a year ago that you were moving to a much larger apartment and will be setting up your system how you really want it. Just wanted to check on the progress and to see if you have any photos? :B

2. About the 802D's in the rear, I noticed you set them up according to THX specifications. I'm just wondering what the effect of setting them up so close together and in the center is? Assuming you are sitting in the center, is the effect closer to 6.1 or do you still get some sort of stereo imaging with these two speakers?

3. It may be just the angle the photo was taken, but it seems that the woofers of the rear 802D's fire directly into the back of the sofa. Does this produce any unwanted effects?

The reason I'm asking is because I was in a dilemma over getting full-range 804S for my surrounds because the way my room is set-up, the woofers would have fired directly into my sofa as well, but from the corners (I have a circular couch that stretches the width of my room). So instead I got the 805S as rears to overcome that "problem". Has it been a problem for your set-up?

Thanks Aldo and again, congratulations of your amazing set-up, it's is truly stunning!

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Hi Aldo,
                                Then I will get the surround speakers to be 400 watts powered!Do you think it is a good idea, or it is not really necessary?
                                I think is not necessary.
                                The surround powered with the CA2200 is more as enough -> 802D :T
                                well, I go have 4 pcs. 802D with 2 x CA2200 only for rear/rear back? is correct? de esta manera va muy bien, ya está super... :T ,en América del Sur no tiene problemas.. usted no tiene ningún problema

in Milano ü una altra cosa...caos come Parigi...con più smog!! :W

Bruce tu va a Turin trés souvent, le travial , les amis, la pizza???

grettings Omar

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"