X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fife
    • Apr 2004

B&W THX Speakers

Since I've received a few PM regarding my speakers, I thought I'd post some pics of my vintage speaker setup.

Originally introduced back in 1994, these were one of the best THX speaker sets when THX meant something.

How do they sound?
    They have the Matrix 800 series vintage sound but less airy as it does not have the tweeter on top.
    The 2 bass drivers under the left/right FCM's is a huge strength of this setup. The PCS sub has even more impact than the ASW4000. The best thing about these subs are that they are passive in that you can feed them any amp you wish. Currently they are hooked up to a Levinson 23.5.
    The FCM (Front Center Monitors) trio are hooked up to 3 channels of my Proceed Amp5 while the last 2 channels power the SCM8's rears.

Unforutunately these speakers dont have the resolution and detail of the Nautilus or new 800/D lines. However, the smoothness and warmth of the Matrix line is amazing and these series can rock.

Just wanted to share that some old speakers are not dated.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    Attached Files
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Thanks for the Info. Fife,
    Very Interesting and educational for us folks who have never seen such vintage B&W speakers.
    Thanks for sharing and caring,
    Cheers

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"