X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slawek B&W802
    • Jan 2007

B&W 802 Matrix 2 crossover upgrade bass

Hello. Any body knows anything how to upgrade crossover, to get more bass?? 802 Matrix 2 Thanks
  • Jorgitox
    • Feb 2007

Hi Slawek;

You could improve bass control by including Series III Cobex woofers, but not increasing it. B&W also sold a HPA filter with their Series II, but after have tried it for months, I could not hear any result. I opted to remove it from my system. Now I got a turntable and maybe the results could be audible, but I really do not think so. All the people I know, have opted to remove this filter. I nevever have use the other ones, like Golden Flutes and maybe the best and more expensive North Creeks.

In case you cannot afford or get any of these filters in the second hand market, try to include a subwoofer (for example, the B&W ASW800, from the Matrix range). I had the opportunity of buying an unit a few months ago for just €450, really cheap if you compare its brand new price. Whatever, I have never felt in love when merging a sub in a stereo system, but the most of people are enchanted when joining together.
    Best regards,

Jorgitox.

Comment

• Fife
      • Apr 2004

1) Van Alstine Crossover upgrade

2) North Creek External Crossover

3) Another option is the Matrix ASW800 or look for the odd shaped B&W PCS passive sub from the THX series. Same vintage but you will need an external amp.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"