X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 01vortechgt
    • Dec 2006

help with 802 series 80

What's up folks, new guy here. I recently acquired a pair of 802 series 80 speakers. They are cosmetically excellent. My problem is, I'm not sold on the sound. I'm no expert, or audio/stereophile. I'm a 2 channel guy who likes good sound. I listen to old jazz, some smooth jazz, rock (old and new), and some metal. Now on to my problems. When listening to harder rock, or metal, the upper mid or lower high freq. can be downwright irritating. Is it a trait of these speakers? Any ideas on how to tame them? Jazz stuff sounds pretty good. Maybe it's my other components, denon pra 1000 pre, nikko alpha 220 amp. Not exactly hi-fi gadgetry. When I use the tone defeat, the speakers sound terrible. I end up cranking up the bass & treble to get any kind of warmth. Are these the wrong speakers for my taste, or is something else wrong?

Sorry for the rambling, but any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Jay
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"